Is the 8 GB unit enough?

#11STN79Posted 4/22/2013 3:11:21 AM
I got stuck with a basic actually because that's all the stores had left.
I took it in reluctance but i wasn't about to leave empty handed.
#12stekim40Posted 4/22/2013 3:21:15 AM
STE573 posted...
It's 2013. I find the fact that they even chose to launch with such small HDD's a stroke of idiocy.

Still you can, and will have to, buy an external HDD to make the Wii U a functional console.

The Wii U doesn't have a 'small HDD', they don't make them that small. No HD inside.
---
Xyzzy!
#13JackalPosted 4/22/2013 4:32:43 AM
8gb isn't enough for a tablet so no, it isn't enough. The 32gb model isn't enough either. The tablet that I'm using right now has 32gb of storage (Nexus 7).
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#14r7gerrabbitPosted 4/22/2013 4:56:10 AM
8GB is fine for saving games.

Everyone will need their own external hard drive if you plan on buying games digitally, no matter which version you buy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#15r7gerrabbitPosted 4/22/2013 4:58:01 AM
STE573 posted...
It's 2013. I find the fact that they even chose to launch with such small HDD's a stroke of idiocy.

Still you can, and will have to, buy an external HDD to make the Wii U a functional console.

There is no hard drive in the Wii U.

Also I prefer it this way. Instead of going the Microsoft route where you have to use proprietary bull**** and have them jack the price up because it's the only hard drive that can be used on the console you have a USB connection and you can connect any hard drive you damn well please.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#16IloveElitePosted 4/22/2013 5:18:28 AM
The price difference between Basic and Premium is minimal, looking at the extras you get in the Premium even if you don't want Nintendo Land its still the best buy.

I'd only buy a Premium tbh.
---
NNID: Stevezen
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
#17FayeLadyPosted 4/22/2013 6:06:34 AM
If you don't care about Nintendo Land or DLC there is no harm in saving a few dollars. 50 dollars is a lot towars a game you do want, but its far more towards a game you don't want
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#18_Sovereign_Posted 4/22/2013 7:59:48 AM
STE573 posted...

I find that to be the opposite...let me use my HDD and keep the console cheaper. Like you said, it's 2013, everyone should already have an extra HDD lying around. That's like not having a smart phone nowadays.

On Topic : Yes, I got the basic as everything in the deluxe was not worth the $50....I spent that on a game I wanted instead.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#19JackalPosted 4/22/2013 8:25:30 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
STE573 posted...

I find that to be the opposite...let me use my HDD and keep the console cheaper. Like you said, it's 2013, everyone should already have an extra HDD lying around. That's like not having a smart phone nowadays.

On Topic : Yes, I got the basic as everything in the deluxe was not worth the $50....I spent that on a game I wanted instead.

Not everyone has an extra drive just sitting around because not everyone has a computer. Not everyone has an HDTV. Not everyone has a smartphone.

The external drive is an extra cost for most people. So is the USB ethernet adapter.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#20KaiRyusakiPosted 4/22/2013 8:42:15 AM
Buy Basic
save $50

Use that $50 to buy NIntendo Land at $20 on sale and a USB device that holds more than 24GB probably