We need a real Zelda collection

#1Sharky8Posted 4/22/2013 6:09:13 AM
Why didn't Zelda Collectors Edition include A Link to the Past?
Why did a separate Ocarina of Time + Master Quest release without the older Zeldas?
Why didn't the Collectors Edition include the Master Quest?

Ok, so now: how about including a proper collection that includes all the console titles:
(On CE means already on the Collectors Edition) (On MQ means on Master Quest).

NES
The Legend of Zelda (on CE)
The Adventure of Link (on CE)

SNES
A Link to the Past

N64
Ocarina of Time (on CE) (on MQ)
Majora's Mask (on CE)

Gamecube
Master Quest (On MQ)
Windwaker
Twilight Princess

Wii
Skyward Sword

Not necessary:
Crossbow Training
Handheld titles
Four Swords (unless someone wants to make a major case for this)
#2MechaKoopa5000Posted 4/22/2013 6:15:48 AM
Why is it again that handhelds and Four Swords (or at least FSA) don't count?

I mean, the answer to the question, regardless, is that it would make no financial sense for them to release them all on one special collectors edition set, especially with the VC and HD rereleases.
#3wingo84Posted 4/22/2013 6:16:19 AM
Why arent handheld titles necessary ?

Links Awakening is my all time fave Zelda title
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#4Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:16:51 AM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

I mean, the answer to the question, regardless, is that it would make no financial sense for them to release them all on one special collectors edition set, especially with the VC and HD rereleases.

Kirby did it. Zelda can do it too.

I just do not understand why A Link to the Past was not included on the GC collection.
#5BeastLeeAdamsPosted 4/22/2013 6:17:34 AM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

They could do the handhelds as a 3DS bundle which is why it wouldn't be on the Wii U.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#6Bishop9800Posted 4/22/2013 6:18:46 AM
wingo84 posted...
Why arent handheld titles necessary ?

Fo Real. Manish Cap was my fav, and still is!
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#7MechaKoopa5000Posted 4/22/2013 6:20:36 AM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

I just do not understand why A Link to the Past was not included on the GC collection.

I don't remember the Kirby Anniversary disc including Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Epic Yarn. You sure as heck won't find Skyward Sword on a Zelda collection since it still sells for $49.99... unless you want the collection to cost $120.
#8Sharky8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:24:27 AM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

I don't remember the Kirby Anniversary disc including Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Epic Yarn. You sure as heck won't find Skyward Sword on a Zelda collection since it still sells for $49.99... unless you want the collection to cost $120.

Of course it did not include releases for the same console. A Wii collection would not include Wii games. However, a Wii U Zelda collection could certainly contain all the previous console's games.
#9freutty2Posted 4/22/2013 6:30:10 AM
Hmm, if Retro Studios was able to fit in 3 Metroid Prime games into one Wii disc. I wonder if Nintendo could fit in alot of small Zelda games into one Wii U disc.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979
#10BeastLeeAdamsPosted 4/22/2013 6:31:34 AM
Sharky8 posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

Of course it did not include releases for the same console. A Wii collection would not include Wii games. However, a Wii U Zelda collection could certainly contain all the previous console's games.

Have you seen the bundle's going on with the PS3? They have a Resistance and Killzone Triliogy, the God of War Saga, Mass Effect Triliogy, Ezio Triliogy and so on and so forth. Nintendo does not have modern thinking with prices and collections.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.