Nintendo fans should just embrace PlayStation and go PiiS4 U this gen

#151DesperateMonkeyPosted 4/23/2013 10:47:44 PM
I am not asking about personal opinions, I am talking about the undeniable gap in visual fidelity. If the gap is huge, thats what it means to look like garbage. If console games are looking like sub-low settings with bad frames, then they are technically garbage compared to the PC counterparts.

My gaming laptop from 2007 (GT 8600m) looks way better than consoles. The gap is what makes it garbage. You can try to twist it as much as you like but the gap is generational at this point and thats developers building games with consoles in mind first.

Saying "its my opinion" is just a cop out for a proper argument and has no bearing to the objective gap that now exists between consoles and PCs.

Lets look at CoD. They still can't even run in 720p... in fact, they run much lower. I don't even think the PC version allows you to choose such a terrible setting. CoD's crapness is almost off the PC scale. On a scale of 1-10 for PC graphics, CoD performs at roughly a 0.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#152DarthFloatyPosted 4/23/2013 10:56:10 PM
Already have Wii U, 3DS, and PC. I'll get a PS4 if it gets good exclusives that I like, or if a few of my best friends get it with multiplayer games. Same with Xbox 720, same with PS Vita.
#153TerotrousPosted 4/23/2013 11:12:52 PM
MegaWinFTW posted...
You say that as if there aren't just as many Nintendo fanboys on the Vita board. There are a few on the PS4 board already and that will only increase as it gets closer to launching.

Checking it right now, there don't appear to be that many. There's very few troll topics on page 1, which is virtually never the case here.

ShinChuck posted...
Why is Microsoft always considered the "enemy" system?

Because Sony is also Japanese and thus has much more in common with Nintendo than Microsoft does.

Also, many former Nintendo franchises jumped ship to Sony, but not many of them went to Microsoft.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Aladdin"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#154squidgy617Posted 4/24/2013 4:42:51 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I am not asking about personal opinions, I am talking about the undeniable gap in visual fidelity. If the gap is huge, thats what it means to look like garbage. If console games are looking like sub-low settings with bad frames, then they are technically garbage compared to the PC counterparts.

My gaming laptop from 2007 (GT 8600m) looks way better than consoles. The gap is what makes it garbage. You can try to twist it as much as you like but the gap is generational at this point and thats developers building games with consoles in mind first.

Saying "its my opinion" is just a cop out for a proper argument and has no bearing to the objective gap that now exists between consoles and PCs.

Lets look at CoD. They still can't even run in 720p... in fact, they run much lower. I don't even think the PC version allows you to choose such a terrible setting. CoD's crapness is almost off the PC scale. On a scale of 1-10 for PC graphics, CoD performs at roughly a 0.

Alright, its a fact that there is a large gap in the quality of visuals between consoles and PC, but its still not a fact that they look like garbage. That is nothing more than an opinion, and there is no arguing that it is fact. How good something looks is a purely opinion-based matter. You can think something looks good while I think its hideous. Its a matter of opinion, and trying to say otherwise is just foolish.

However, you are correct in saying that there is a large, perhaps generational gap in graphical power, and indeed PC is superior. But garbage isn't some kind of technical term .
#155McDude_Posted 4/24/2013 5:47:21 PM(edited)
What about:

PWii

or

PU

or

U4Play
---
"He's not daddy. He's just a guy in a suit."
#156ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 10:50:35 AM
Jaime_Benn posted...
Jaime_Benn posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Nintendo fans all of a sudden have top of the line gaming PCs that they use to post here about how Sony exclusives aren't good. I'm thinking they won't be getting a PS4 when released when Wii-fit is out by then.

I have to admit, the responses like that were incredibly fishy. Why limit yourself to Wii U + PC when you get the third party support PC gets with PS4 + Sony exclusives? O_o

Maybe the Sony exclusives don't really interest them? inFamous is really the only exclusive that I enjoyed that was created in the PS3 generation. The only exclusive (that I can think of) they have really kept around throughout their life has been Twisted Metal.

Given that I and millions of other gamers love Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, inFamous, Gran Turismo, etc. it's really hard to believe how thats possible to choose a PC over PS4.

And the other point that Sony continuously pumps out new IPs, even Knack looks like something the Nintendo audience would like so it makes no sense the thinking behind the "Wii U + PC" posts

Not saying those are bad games. If you enjoy them, you enjoy them. I've played them, and didn't enjoy them as much. Either, I just didn't like the genre, or what the game is like. Gran Turismo is a good example. I respect that it's a great racing simulator, but I just have more fun playing an arcade racer like Need for Speed or Burnout.

Something tells me that its the PlayStation exclusivity status that makes some fanboys against it more than often
---
Open fire
#157Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/1/2013 12:24:35 AM
ShinChuck posted...
Why is Microsoft always considered the "enemy" system?

Because they brought the FPS genre out of PC's hall of shame and into the mainstream. And because the Xbox ruined both the platform Sony and PC gaming. And people want the contamination to spread to Wii U every time they whine and moan about "multi-plats."

Personally I think the correct answer is 3DS Viita U. They're probably going to be the only ones with anything decent, at this rate.
#158VanderZooPosted 5/1/2013 12:35:18 AM
I will also endorse the PS4U combo.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"