Will Nintendo be able to compete at E3 against PlayStation and Xbox?

#41levelmaster2Posted 4/22/2013 6:01:52 PM
I say yes. I could care less about Xbox anyway. Xbox has yet to make me want to spend my money or store credit on one.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#42AsuirPosted 4/22/2013 6:35:52 PM
levelmaster2 posted...
No. None of the games listed will make most PC/Sony/Microsoft gamers even raise an eyebrow with interest.

Trolls will always be trolls.
Right... Because someone into Dark Souls, Halo 4, BioShock Infinite, Company of Heroes 2, Soul Sacrifice, StarCraft 2 HoTs, and the Evil Withen is interested in Yarn Yoshi, Smash Bros, Pikmen, and new Super Luigi U.

Never heard of any of these titles. I doubt they would even be worth my time.

You're kidding, right?
---
Ftw!
#43Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/22/2013 6:40:07 PM
Asuir posted...
levelmaster2 posted...
No. None of the games listed will make most PC/Sony/Microsoft gamers even raise an eyebrow with interest.

Trolls will always be trolls.
Right... Because someone into Dark Souls, Halo 4, BioShock Infinite, Company of Heroes 2, Soul Sacrifice, StarCraft 2 HoTs, and the Evil Withen is interested in Yarn Yoshi, Smash Bros, Pikmen, and new Super Luigi U.

Never heard of any of these titles. I doubt they would even be worth my time.

You're kidding, right?

It's not really that big of a deal actually. I know many other sites that barely heard of many of those same games (bar Starcraft ) [I've literally seen sites where people hadn't even heard of Bioshock/series]

Now, whether they're worth the time [which I think they are for those that are out] is a different story, but the rest of the argument does have some merit and is quite believable.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#44AsuirPosted 4/22/2013 6:50:06 PM
I understand not hearing of Bioshock, or Starcraft, or Dark Souls, but not knowing what all three are? You have to be living under a rock. Even some of my friends who only play Madden, Fifa, or NHL know what some of those are.
---
Ftw!
#45Mewtwo_soulPosted 4/22/2013 6:54:47 PM
Asuir posted...
I understand not hearing of Bioshock, or Starcraft, or Dark Souls, but not knowing what all three are? You have to be living under a rock. Even some of my friends who only play Madden, Fifa, or NHL know what some of those are.

Yes, but you have to understand personal experience is based off of random chance. Personally I've seen many sites that haven't heard of any of the three like I mentioned before.

Then again, you have to remember, the "casual" majority does exist for a reason. It's not their job to care about games that don't interest them or even acknowledge them if so befits them.

That's just how it is, really. (note: I'm only using the phrase casual to mean someone with low available knowledge on games not as an insult even if it sounds condescending in the way I used it.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#46levelmaster2Posted 4/22/2013 7:32:40 PM
You have to be living under a rock.

Not hearing of certain game titles means living under a rock?
Basically anything on the Xbox I never played because nothing on the Xbox for me seemed worth playing besides the DBZ game.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#47Hirokey123Posted 4/22/2013 7:33:53 PM
Not that I fully hate the Xbox (I just dislike Microsoft in general I feel they have questionable business practices and it's painfully obvious they aren't trying to sell a game system, but rather an entertainment system.) but I can't remember the last time Microsoft had a good E3. Like I'm pretty sure their terrible conferences are considered to be almost a running joke at this point.

While Nintendo and Sony share the spotlight quite well and occasionally we get a third party to take the scene.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#48NejiHyuga900Posted 4/22/2013 8:05:01 PM(edited)
Maybe. Against Microsoft, if the next Xbox is always requiring Internet and people are aware of it, then Wii U will beat the next Xbox regardless on how powerful the next Xbox may be and the quality of games for it. I am an Xbox fan (since a part of 6th generation and entire 7th generation) but if that "Always Online" is true, I'm not getting it because there are times when my Internet stops working. Many people may be going for PS4, Wii U, or PS4 + Wii U (with or without PC) for 8th generation but some will get all of them.

Against Sony, well, Nintendo may lose but there is still a chance, anyways there is a chance that Nintendo would at least come in second place.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#49Steven010702Posted 4/22/2013 8:26:48 PM
I would say no; Nintendo's focus of E3 will be games only while both Sony and Microsoft will be showing off their new consoles. Whenever a company is unveiling a console, it is automatically going to get more attention over a company that's just unveiling new games. This E3 will be more about Microsoft vs Sony. Nintendo is fighting an uphill battle to try and outshine it's competitors just for this reason

Since I don't fanboy hate any of the big three comapnies, this is going to be an exciting E3 for me. Especially since the last two years have really been terrible overall. I also don't think the new Xbox is going to tank as hard as people are saying.
---
I lost the game!
#50DarkShadow667Posted 4/22/2013 9:13:43 PM
ShadowSkill11 posted...

Jeep telling yourself whatever you want to keep the reality you built for yourself inside the bubble going a little longer son.

Most of those games you mentioned first will be forgotten in a year, The Nintendo ones will be remembered.
---
Revisit, on your Wii, a time when games were only finished by the best, and only the best games got finished.