So how exactly do I use the miiverse

#1thejacerPosted 4/22/2013 4:19:53 PM
ive had the U since launch but havent really been able to see the use in it. granted i havent spent more than 4 mins perusing it.

it just seems like drawings mostly, and "tips" that maybe a 5 yr old might need. is there anything a little more substantial that im missing out on?

i saw that earthbound, and other system updates were sped up due to miiverse. where exactly would that have happened?

i was just thinking how i would really like to see metroid fusion on VC, either on wiiu or 3ds but dont have any idea how to start a dialog like that...
---
GT: TheJacer87
#2Petey_MeanisPosted 4/22/2013 4:21:42 PM
What is there to learn how to use about it? Just find a community you like and post something, it's not rocket science.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage. NNID : Meaty_Petey
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#3SocranPosted 4/22/2013 4:52:30 PM
thejacer posted...
it just seems like drawings mostly, and "tips" that maybe a 5 yr old might need. is there anything a little more substantial that im missing out on?

If the "tips" were only what a five-year-old might need, it's because a five-year-old was asking them. If you want a tip that you would need, ask on Miiverse (which you can do while the game is paused/suspended), and someone will probably answer. It's like a public Twitter wall, or whatever you social network people say.

Of course, the most popular feature is the drawings, something even Nintendo wasn't counting on. Turns out if you give four million people a pencil and paper, you'll get enough good drawings to make the "Popular posts" section a worthwhile read every day.

i saw that earthbound, and other system updates were sped up due to miiverse. where exactly would that have happened?

Basically, everyone got together and started posting about Earthbound and how much they wanted it. You can't really control it, just suggest it to the community and hope the hive mind latches on. In this particular instance, we were given a list of games coming out on the Virtual Console as part of a promotion, and the one difference between the Japanese and English ones was that Japan got Earthbound while we got Punch-Out. So when the VC community came up, everyone came in and said "We want Earthbound!" and started spamming pictures of Ness and gang.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4DiscomasterPosted 4/22/2013 5:13:59 PM
Socran posted...
Basically, everyone got together and started posting about Earthbound and how much they wanted it. You can't really control it, just suggest it to the community and hope the hive mind latches on. In this particular instance, we were given a list of games coming out on the Virtual Console as part of a promotion, and the one difference between the Japanese and English ones was that Japan got Earthbound while we got Punch-Out. So when the VC community came up, everyone came in and said "We want Earthbound!" and started spamming pictures of Ness and gang.

The response by Nintendo to that in last weeks Nintendo Direct was impressive to say the least. That was the first time I had ever seen them so quickly and enthusiastically respond to fan demand for something. The last time we felt any sort of success was when Xenoblade Chronicles was announced for release in North America, but there was no sense of 'you ask, and you shall receive' mentality that I hope we see again in the near future.
#5thejacer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 5:56:52 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
What is there to learn how to use about it? Just find a community you like and post something, it's not rocket science.

thanks for the condescension man, its cute. anyway i was just kinda curious about how to use the interface properly and what not.

obv i can just figure it out myself just wanted to see if there was something i was missing. like being ableto filter messages or somethingso i dont have to scroll through endless pictures, how to send private messages etc
---
GT: TheJacer87