Nintendo missing profit target

#1rajin_donutsPosted 4/22/2013 4:06:36 PM
I found this article and decided to post it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-22/nintendo-ceo-seen-missing-profit-target-as-wii-u-founders.html?cmpid=yhoo

If this was already posted, sorry (not really).
#2FayeLadyPosted 4/22/2013 4:08:31 PM
Did they mean to say as Wii U flounders? I'm not sure ive ever seen founders used that way.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3rajin_donuts(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:16:46 PM
FayeLady posted...
Did they mean to say as Wii U flounders? I'm not sure ive ever seen founders used that way.

No. It means to fail.
#4Enigma149Posted 4/22/2013 4:29:34 PM(edited)
So, first it was "Nintendo is going to lose half a billion dollars in the fiscal year!" Then, through 3 quarters, it was, "Nintendo projected to make $150 million profit!" And now, "Nintendo likely to miss profit target, post $190 million loss!"

You know, I'm beginning to think these economists might not know what they're doing...

Adding to the irony, after they were expected to post a profit, most analysts said, "However, Nintendo lowered their sales forcasts for the 3DS and Wii U, suggesting they may struggle next year," while this article about a loss ends on

While the currency helps, refreshing the game development pipeline is critical to a sustained turnaround, with Nintendo planning to add titles including the “Pikmin 3” and “Wii Fit U.”

“Nintendo can achieve the target if it can release the game softwares as planned,” said Yasuda at Ace Securities.

And if they're not here by the time I'm done posting this, prepare the board for the troll flood. Remember - when Sony takes a loss, it's because they're being so nice to gamers, they're suffering for them. When Nintendo takes a loss, it's because they have no idea what gamers want.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#5FayeLadyPosted 4/22/2013 4:20:57 PM
I see. Live and learn.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6JackalPosted 4/22/2013 4:22:53 PM
Ouch. A second year of lost revenue. So much for the argument that they have only ever had one. They had better have a killer E3 or investors are going to be jumping out of the windows to get away from this thing. I just hope that some of them use parachutes! :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#7fhsfootball74Posted 4/22/2013 4:23:45 PM
So basically, release games to get sales? Who would have thunk?
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#8Enigma149Posted 4/22/2013 4:25:18 PM
On a side note, I found this article...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/30/us-nintendo-earnings-consoles-idUSBRE90T08T20130130

Which seems to be saying Nintendo didn't project to make as much profit as they originally did, and projected to take a loss way back in January...

Seriously - how the heck can analysts get away with changing their stories every other week? Though this would explain how Pachter is able to get away with being as bad as he is...
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#9JackalPosted 4/22/2013 4:27:17 PM
Apparently not Iwata. He was too busy denouncing cloud gaming and staring at bananas.

That article states that this announcement will be made tomorrow. I guess we'll find out how true it is then.
---
#10JackalPosted 4/22/2013 4:29:03 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Seriously - how the heck can analysts get away with changing their stories every other week? Though this would explain how Pachter is able to get away with being as bad as he is...

How can gas station owners get away with changing the prices of gas every other week? Some people jobs just have privileges.
---