Yes! I'm playing Super Mario World on my Wii U right now!

#11SlimeSwayzePosted 4/22/2013 6:33:12 PM
STN79 posted...
You can do that anyway. It's still on the Wii shop channel since the original Wii's launch.
It's amazing how many people forget that all the games are already available.
What is there to get excited about with Wii U's VC?

Some people are looking forward to off TV play. Personally, I'm hoping for a better pricing structure and more sales than the Wii VC had. After 6 months of using steam, going back to Nintendo's digital pricing is not something I'm willing to do. Even the PS3 and 360 have gotten better with their sales. I'm hoping Nintendo follows suit, otherwise I'll stick to doing something else you're not supposed to talk about around here.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#12Gavin_Rozee(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:33:49 PM
Discomaster posted...
STN79 posted...
You can do that anyway. It's still on the Wii shop channel since the original Wii's launch.

Can mean a lot or nothing at all, depending on how you look at it. There are 3 things specifically I'm looking forward to: Natural aspect ratio (the Wii version stretches the image to fit the screen, and no the buttons on my TV remote do nothing to correct it)... The ability to play on the gamepad... And Miiverse support. I think for some VC games, even if I already have them on Wii mode, would be really cool to track my own progress with screenshots and comments posted to Miiverse.

What he said, plus Restore Points and customisable controls.

Also, as I'm in Europe, 60hz!!!!!!!!!!
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#13Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/22/2013 6:40:40 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Well I would be playing it too if I had no new releases to play.

You don't seem to play anything you spend too much time on here.

Sound logic.

/sarcasm
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#14SuperMarioPro91Posted 4/22/2013 8:18:33 PM
It's in 1080P! :D
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - 3866-8037-1801
Nintendo Network ID - MarioMaster91
#15Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 4/22/2013 9:18:39 PM
tsizzle420 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Well I would be playing it too if I had no new releases to play.

You don't seem to play anything you spend too much time on here.

This
/Topic.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#16DarkShadow667Posted 4/22/2013 9:21:14 PM
STN79 posted...

Earthbound is FINALLY coming to VC on WiiU later this year :D
---
Revisit, on your Wii, a time when games were only finished by the best, and only the best games got finished.
#17STN79Posted 4/22/2013 9:45:13 PM
@ DarkShadow667

Okay there's Earthbound but what else? If we could get some GBA games sooner rather than later i might get excited. As far as Nes and Snes games i think i'm covered.
Unless of course they pull a rabbit out of their hats and release some games we've never had before.
#18Reece504Posted 4/22/2013 11:21:47 PM
STN79 posted...
@ DarkShadow667

Okay there's Earthbound but what else? If we could get some GBA games sooner rather than later i might get excited. As far as Nes and Snes games i think i'm covered.
Unless of course they pull a rabbit out of their hats and release some games we've never had before.

I want GC games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#19DoomsSDPosted 4/23/2013 4:24:56 AM
i see what U did there
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...