Anyone else generally prefer only Japanese games?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/23/2013 5:56:19 AM
In terms of gameplay and aesthetics, they seem much better these days, and after Bethesda's treachery, I don't want to support the Western market anymore personally.
#2LinetrixPosted 4/23/2013 5:57:30 AM
Nope.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#3reincarnator07Posted 4/23/2013 6:01:21 AM
Bethesda's treachery? Do explain.

On topic: no. Limiting one's games by region is really bloody stupid. There are many great and terrible games from all over the world.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#4FayeLadyPosted 4/23/2013 6:04:42 AM
I like more Japanese game companies and games than I do western ones, but I would never use the term Only. I would never miss out on the next game Bioware, Wayforward, Ubisoft or Santa Monica puts out because of where they are located.

I don't care if North Korea sponsored a games development if its an enjoyable game to play.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5_Elite_Bushido_Posted 4/23/2013 6:07:10 AM
In terms of gameplay and aesthetics, they seem much better these days, and after Bethesda's treachery, I don't want to support the Western market anymore personally.

thats some hardcore weeabooing you got on on there, son.
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#6Hawke0Posted 4/23/2013 6:11:45 AM
reincarnator07 posted...

On topic: no. Limiting one's games by region is really bloody stupid. There are many great and terrible games from all over the world.

This
---
"Saying Metroid Other M is better than the Prime Trilogy because you hate shooters is like saying Aliens:CM is better than FF7 because you hate RPGs.
#7Faceman_Posted 4/23/2013 6:12:24 AM
Anyone else generally prefer popping tags?
#8Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:18:26 AM
reincarnator07 posted...

They decided to not support anymore Skyrim DLC, which means the dumbed-down RPG lite husk that I stupidly paid $60 on Steam will never be anything close to Morrowind in terms of quality. Even though they said they were going to make new content. So, after their repeated PR lies, I think they can go rot in hell alongside EA Bioware.

As for limiting by region, it's because I can't stomach the aesthetics of Western games anymore. I'm sick of that tiresome obsession with realism, with that disgusting emphasis on masculinity, and the overly bombastic tone. It truly feels so childish and immature.

At least with games that have anime or otherwise cartoony look, they're honest about what they are. Nintendo games like Pokemon may appear "kiddy," but at least they don't try to pretend they're anything else. Those games with more realistic art, like that GTA5, on the other hand....come off as a angsty teenager or an overgrown manchild trying way too hard to prove they're a big boy now.

I'm more impressed with the modesty of Japanese game development. I think others would do well to learn from their example.
#9gameG3ni3Posted 4/23/2013 6:27:01 AM
no
---
Confirmed Wii U board trolls: monkeyspoon, AstralFrost, Nice_kirbyfan9, shaunme, DemonDogg, linetrix, schwepps01, Muderstorm117
#10GencoilPosted 4/23/2013 6:27:12 AM
Well, not ONLY Japanese games, but mostly. I just like the production in Japanese games more. Things like character design, world design, music etc. And the main character isn't always this macho guy with short black hair (or bald) and square jaw. Japanese games also tend to have an odd sense of humor that you don't see very often in western-produced games.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil