Wii U Virtual Console

#1LiteUpSkeletonPosted 4/23/2013 7:07:54 AM
Officially launching this Spring within the Nintendo eShop, the Virtual Console service on Wii U will offer a number of new benefits.

On Nintendo's web site:(bottom of page)

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/downloads/famicom-30

Glad to see they are doing what should have been done already. Hope the big N doesnt make us repurchase games we bought on the Wii.
---
And to think... I hesitated.
#2MichaelDeAngeloPosted 4/23/2013 7:14:27 AM
You will have to "upgrade" if you want Wii U features (save state/gamepad support). This is typically around $1.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#3BLarkins111Posted 4/23/2013 7:28:29 AM
If we bought something on the Wii VC, will it be "Upgradeable" immediately, or will we have to hope it gets re-released at some point?
---
PSN: Shankapotamus84
XBOX Live: GunnerOne 84
#4bleedingelitePosted 4/23/2013 7:29:55 AM
That's coming this week, right?
#5tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/23/2013 7:30:06 AM
BLarkins111 posted...
If we bought something on the Wii VC, will it be "Upgradeable" immediately, or will we have to hope it gets re-released at some point?

Have to wait for the rerelease.
#6Petey_MeanisPosted 4/23/2013 7:33:41 AM
From: LiteUpSkeleton | Posted: 4/23/2013 10:07:54 AM | #001
Officially launching this Spring

officially launching this week.

This is really old news.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage. NNID : Meaty_Petey
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#7BLarkins111Posted 4/23/2013 7:41:21 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
BLarkins111 posted...

Have to wait for the rerelease.

Weak. Some of these games might never come out again.

Aren't we getting like 4 games tomorrow?
---
PSN: Shankapotamus84
XBOX Live: GunnerOne 84
#8DemonDog666Posted 4/23/2013 7:53:35 AM
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
You will have to "upgrade" if you want Wii U features (save state/gamepad support). This is typically around $1.

1 dollar for snes games I believe, n64/gamecube games are going to cost more... this whole thing is BS the wiiU VC should have been at launch and failing that, all the games should be transferable for free, there's no reason to charge to "upgrade" the games especially when the only reason people are buying the wii version in the first place is because there is no wiiU version... not to mention the whole typing to system and not account...
#9ShankspearePosted 4/23/2013 8:16:49 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
MichaelDeAngelo posted...

1 dollar for snes games I believe, n64/gamecube games are going to cost more... this whole thing is BS the wiiU VC should have been at launch and failing that, all the games should be transferable for free, there's no reason to charge to "upgrade" the games especially when the only reason people are buying the wii version in the first place is because there is no wiiU version... not to mention the whole typing to system and not account...

It's inconvenient. But honestly....it is absolutely optional and avoidable especially if you've kept your Wii. I feel like this is a nitpick in the same way people are complaining about PS4 not being completely backwards compatible with PS3.
#10DemonDog666Posted 4/23/2013 8:48:52 AM(edited)
Shankspeare posted...
It's inconvenient. But honestly....it is absolutely optional and avoidable especially if you've kept your Wii. I feel like this is a nitpick in the same way people are complaining about PS4 not being completely backwards compatible with PS3.

No this is different, it may not be a big deal to alot of people right now because it is so cheap but this is a very corrupt and anti-consumer policy, and well people may not care if it's only a buck, they will care when they have to rebuy the game at full price on every system they get (including replacements) and well it's not even close to there yet it is heading on that path, and personally I'd like to stomp it out before it gets any worse.