Wii U Virtual Console

#21icarus231Posted 4/23/2013 1:33:21 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
MichaelDeAngelo posted...
You will have to "upgrade" if you want Wii U features (save state/gamepad support). This is typically around $1.

1 dollar for snes games I believe, n64/gamecube games are going to cost more... this whole thing is BS the wiiU VC should have been at launch and failing that, all the games should be transferable for free, there's no reason to charge to "upgrade" the games especially when the only reason people are buying the wii version in the first place is because there is no wiiU version... not to mention the whole typing to system and not account...

They could just not give this option. Get a life.
#22Waggy17Posted 4/23/2013 2:37:06 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Waggy17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
bleedingelite posted...
lol yeah a subscription for access is way better. Speaking of subscriptions, I wonder what xbox live is going to go up to.

If you have a game one wii that you paid for, then play it in wii mode. It's that easy. Also, stop pretending that you are emotionally invested in what nintendo does.

Using netflix for comparison yeah it is much better having a data base access instead of renting or buying things. You get more for less.

Using Netflix for comparison, movies may become unavailable at certain periods. Watch the movie one day, it's not available the next. Plus, say goodbye to all that media once you no longer have the subscription.

That's no different from psn or xbl or retail games though... well you can order retail games online now but before when the run was over it was very hard to get a hold of the game so I don't see how that's a new issues only for database access. And duh it's a subscription, it's still cheaper for more.

But Netflix doesn't store movies on a local drive. Without internet connection or the subscription, the platform is rendered useless. Even if I can't connect to the PSN, I can still play my purchased and downloaded content, and I'm not forced to pay a monthly subscription fee.
---
[iQ]Waggy/Time2Pan[iQ] - 1814-6320-1343 || [PHX]Cinder - 3670-8922-4025 || PSN/NNID - Waggy777
http://gephx.webs.com/ || http://www.youtube.com/user/waggystg
#23DemonDog666Posted 4/23/2013 6:16:31 PM
Waggy17 posted...
But Netflix doesn't store movies on a local drive. Without internet connection or the subscription, the platform is rendered useless. Even if I can't connect to the PSN, I can still play my purchased and downloaded content, and I'm not forced to pay a monthly subscription fee.

Um how is ps4 rendered useless if a single feature doesn't work? Any purchased games will still be playable (accept online only games of course), it's just if Sony uses streaming for bc instead of offering it in the store, this is the result, keeping in mind of course we don't even know what ps1/ps2 BC will be like on ps4.