Sakamoto vs Miyamoto

#1PoppaKroganPosted 4/23/2013 3:28:45 PM
Nintendo fans when Miyamoto makes a mistake:
Oh it's alright, it didn't matter anyway. domo arigato Miyamoto-san

Nintendo fans when Sakamoto makes a mistake:
BURN IN HELL SAKAMOTO, YOU RUINED THE ENTIRE SERIES I HOPE YOU DIE AND IF YOU DON'T THEN I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF.
---
I knew we forgot someone...you.
#2Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/23/2013 3:30:20 PM
The only way to settle this is for both of them to be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#3Hawke0Posted 4/23/2013 3:31:40 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
The only way to settle this is for both of them to be playable in the next Super Smash Bros.

this
also, Miyamoto has never had a failure comparable to Other M.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#4PoppaKrogan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:32:52 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

this

nah, I'd say Paper Mario 3DS' lack of story is a bigger failure compared to the ONE scene in Metroid Other M that gets peoples jimmies rustled (the only seen that is bad is the scene where Samus freaks out about Ridley, the rest is perfectly reasonable)
---
#5MetalKirbyPlushPosted 4/23/2013 3:36:04 PM(edited)
To be fair, Sakamoto made ridiculous claims about Other M being the "Ultimate Metroid experience" and his iron grip on the development over Team Ninja allowed him to make really questionable decisions. Overall, I'd say he deserves it far more than Miyamoto does and I'd sooner see him never touch Metroid again than Miyamoto leave.

the rest is perfectly reasonable

No, absolutely not. But even without considering the cutscenes, the actual story is horrendous.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#6_Candice_Posted 4/23/2013 3:40:45 PM(edited)
Hawke0 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

this

Sticker Star? Star Fox Dinosaur Planet? And while NSMB might not be a commercial failure its whats responsible for Nintendos stagnation.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#7Hawke0Posted 4/23/2013 3:43:03 PM
PoppaKrogan posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

this

nah, I'd say Paper Mario 3DS' lack of story is a bigger failure compared to the ONE scene in Metroid Other M that gets peoples jimmies rustled (the only seen that is bad is the scene where Samus freaks out about Ridley, the rest is perfectly reasonable)

The gameplay is awful. The story is even worse, the Ridley scene is just one hole in the screen door that is Other M's story.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#8NyyarkPosted 4/23/2013 3:45:10 PM
PoppaKrogan posted...

Its not once scene thats the major issue with that game, its all of the storytelling being badly executed and not being carried by the gameplay.

I'd say Wii Music is a better example of a total failure on his part. I even wanted to like it and couldn't.
#9PoppaKrogan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:45:13 PM
Hawke0 posted...
PoppaKrogan posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

this

The gameplay is awful. The story is even worse, the Ridley scene is just one hole in the screen door that is Other M's story.

the gameplay is good, the worst part of the gameplay is the random first person scene where you have to scan something and it gives you absolutely no hint on what you're looking for.
---
#10PoppaKrogan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:48:35 PM
_Candice_ posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

this

Sticker Star? Star Fox Dinosaur Planet? And while NSMB might not be a commercial failure its whats responsible for Nintendos stagnation.

star fox adventure would have been good if Nintendo wasn't greedy and thought they'd make more money by putting the Star Fox name on it, otherwise it's the best Legend of Zelda clone ever.
---