At GameStop, Rayman Origins For Wii Costs More Pre-Owned Than It Does New

#11deathwave21Posted 4/24/2013 5:18:48 AM
The MSRP of the game is $20 and Amazon has it for $16. Gamestop probably gave some poor kid $3 for the game that his parents had forked over $40 for. Some other kid will walk in and think he is getting a $40 game for $24 and beg his parents to buy it. Moral of the story: Gamestop is for kids
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office
#12GLDanzegoPosted 4/24/2013 5:53:22 AM
deathwave21 posted...
The MSRP of the game is $20 and Amazon has it for $16. Gamestop probably gave some poor kid $3 for the game that his parents had forked over $40 for. Some other kid will walk in and think he is getting a $40 game for $24 and beg his parents to buy it. Moral of the story: Gamestop is for kids

Gamestop is a kid's store? I suppose that means all of us adults who still like to buy games at a brick and mortar store thus must limit ourselves to what the buyers at Target, Best Buy or Walmart has decided we'll want to buy, eh? Well, ok then.

I feel so mature now. *ahem*

--
#13deathwave21Posted 4/24/2013 6:06:02 PM
Pretty much. Unless you enjoy spending $60 on a game that will suck so bad that you sell it back to the same store you bought it at for pocket change. If you are an adult who does this, that means you have the mentality of a child.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? If so, contact the Detroit Lakes, Minnesota USMC Recruiting Office
#14GLDanzegoPosted 4/24/2013 6:44:40 PM
deathwave21 posted...
Pretty much. Unless you enjoy spending $60 on a game that will suck so bad that you sell it back to the same store you bought it at for pocket change. If you are an adult who does this, that means you have the mentality of a child.

I don't generally trade in my games.

Whatever the case, I will say this: your notion that everyone who frequents a certain business all follow a certain pattern of behavior is pretty childish. Oh irony, what a mysterious thing you are.
#15deathwave21Posted 4/25/2013 5:07:52 AM
Obviously you are confused. 1) I didn't say, nor imply that at all. 2) If you do not deal in used games, then you are not the customer base that GS preys upon.

I used to frequent GS, because I believed they were a "game store", but after observing some of their practices and interviewing many different store managers, I decided it would be better to frequent Walmart, Toys R Us, or the MCX
---
#16GLDanzegoPosted 4/25/2013 6:47:45 PM
deathwave21 posted...
Obviously you are confused. 1) I didn't say, nor imply that at all. 2) If you do not deal in used games, then you are not the customer base that GS preys upon.

I used to frequent GS, because I believed they were a "game store", but after observing some of their practices and interviewing many different store managers, I decided it would be better to frequent Walmart, Toys R Us, or the MCX

You made a generalization (Gamestop is for kids), so yes, you did imply that. As for point #2, part of this customer base they "prey upon" (as you call it) are people who want to buy niche games or games that aren't released with multi-million dollar ad campaigns. That is, the type of games one generally wouldn't find at the big box stores.

I guess they must be reeling me in with that tactic- selling games that the other stores won't sell. Man, I feel so stupid to have fallen for that trick! Thanks for clearing that up! In the future, I'll make sure I only buy the games that Target and Walmart are willing to stock, so I don't have such a "kid mentality" in your eyes.

I feel so enlightened now.

----