Which system should be added to Wii U VC?

#1Luigifan141Posted 4/23/2013 6:20:30 PM
Out of any of these. - Results (142 votes)
Game Boy
0.7% (1 votes)
Game Boy Color
3.52% (5 votes)
GameCube
64.79% (92 votes)
Genesis
3.52% (5 votes)
Saturn
9.86% (14 votes)
Dreamcast
14.08% (20 votes)
TurboGrafx-16
0% (0 votes)
NeoGeo
1.41% (2 votes)
3DO
0.7% (1 votes)
Other (Specify if you want!)
1.41% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I want a lot of the systems that I listed in the poll, but if I were to pick a system that I most wanted to see on the Wii U Virtual Console, I would pick the Dreamcast. There are a lot of great games on there, such as Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Soulcalibur, Power Stone 1 and 2, Seaman, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, ChuChu Rocket, Shenmue... I could go on and on. There's also the Sonic Adventure games, but if they did get on the Virtual Console, I wouldn't be surprised if they just did the GameCube versions instead. Plus, the Wii U GamePad acting like an oversized VMU could be interesting. Close seconds would be the Saturn and GameCube for me. The SEGA Saturn is a really underrated system that hasn't really been revisited much outside of NiGHTS on XBLA and PSN, and GameCube simply because it would be a great system to have, since it has a pretty great library of games.

So, what consoles do you guys think should be on the Wii U Virtual Console?
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)
#2DangerlessPosted 4/23/2013 6:23:23 PM
Virtual Boy.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.
#3wiidbzxt009Posted 4/23/2013 6:25:12 PM
I would love to play Kirby Air Ride or TimeSplitters 2 on the gamepad, so I'll go Gamecube.
---
NNID: Flexile
FCs in my quote
#4fhsfootball74Posted 4/23/2013 6:27:24 PM
Dreamcast & Saturn please.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#5Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 6:29:42 PM
Dangerless posted...
Virtual Boy.

Hopefully I won't get flamed for this, but FINALLY, there's someone else who likes the Virtual Boy! Playing through great games such as Virtual Boy Wario Land, Galactic Pinball, Jack Bros., Nester's Funky Bowling, and Mario Clash on the Wii U would be interesting. Too bad no one would want to see Red and Black on the TV, though... but maybe they could have a black and white mode or something. Also, Virtual Boy games should work with 3D TVs.

wiidbzxt009 posted...
I would love to play Kirby Air Ride or TimeSplitters 2 on the gamepad, so I'll go Gamecube.

Kirby Air Ride would be pretty cool. I wonder if they could work out something for the LAN Play feature, so that you could play games like Kirby Air Ride and Mario Kart: Double Dash online or something.
---
#6DangerlessPosted 4/23/2013 6:42:05 PM(edited)
Luigifan141 posted...
Hopefully I won't get flamed for this, but FINALLY, there's someone else who likes the Virtual Boy! Playing through great games such as Virtual Boy Wario Land, Galactic Pinball, Jack Bros., Nester's Funky Bowling, and Mario Clash on the Wii U would be interesting. Too bad no one would want to see Red and Black on the TV, though... but maybe they could have a black and white mode or something. Also, Virtual Boy games should work with 3D TVs.

Exactly how I feel. I wouldn't mind a Wii U or 3DS VC release.

I know Gameboy titles have green mode on 3DS so I could see a black and white mode for VB games.
---
Although the sky is blue, it's always black.
#7pokemonfreak97Posted 4/23/2013 6:44:15 PM
GameCube games that I think should be on there:

1. Luigi's Mansion
2. Pokémon Colosseum and/or Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
5. Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door

at least.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#8NejiHyuga900Posted 4/23/2013 6:48:03 PM(edited)
So many consoles to choose from! I would go with GameCube, Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast (I chose Dreamcast). Anyways, GameCube will be available in the future, and I really want Saturn and Dreamcast (I never owned either console which is why I want both Sega consoles added). There are some Saturn and Dreamcast games I want to try out (I played the Sonic Adventure games on my Xbox 360 and GameCube) including NiGHTS into Dreams... (well, I can get that on XBLA), Sonic Jam (I want to try out the World mode), Sonic R (even though I heard it wasn't good, I still want it because I want to try it), Sonic Shuffle (a Mario Party ripoff I want to try out).

Virtual Boy.

Virtual Boy would be best on 3DS if they can add/convert the 3D layers from the VB games to the 3DS. Hold on, I am going to look over the VB controls and see how the controls would work for 3DS (with or without Circle Pad Pro add-on).

Possible Virtual Boy to 3DS controls: 3DS = VB
- Without Circle Pad Pro: Circle Pad = Left D-Pad, D-Pad = Right D-Pad, Start = Start, Select = Select, B = B, A = A, L = L, R = R
- Without Circle Pad Pro (alternative): Circle Pad = Left D-Pad, D-Pad = Switches the 4-interface buttons from B/A to Right D-Pad and vice-versa, ...
- With Circle Pad Pro: Left Circle Pad/D-Pad = Left D-Pad, Right Circle Pad = Right D-Pad, L/ZL = L, R/ZR = R, ...

Wait, is the Wii U 3D compatible with 3DTV? If so, then the Virtual Boy's gimmick would work well for the Wii U too.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#9Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:02:20 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
So many consoles to choose from! I would go with GameCube, Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast (I chose Dreamcast). Anyways, GameCube will be available in the future, and I really want Saturn and Dreamcast (I never owned either console which is why I want both Sega consoles added). There are some Saturn and Dreamcast games I want to try out (I played the Sonic Adventure games on my Xbox 360 and GameCube) including NiGHTS into Dreams... (well, I can get that on XBLA), Sonic Jam (I want to try out the World mode), Sonic R (even though I heard it wasn't good, I still want it because I want to try it), Sonic Shuffle (a Mario Party ripoff I want to try out).

NiGHTS and Sonic Jam are really good games. For Sonic Jam, the Sonic World is basically a mini-3D sandbox area with a few buildings here and there that chronicle Sonic's history up until the game's release in 1997. (This means it missed out on Sonic Adventure, a huge milestone for the series, by only a couple of years.) There are some cool goodies in there, such as Sonic CD's opening with the European/Japanese soundtrack, a Sonic animated short not found anywhere else, and a timeline of events related to Sonic and all of the games and their boxarts up until that point. Interestingly, they mentioned that Sonic was the only video game character that got featured in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, but by today's standards, this would be incorrect, as we've had Pikachu, Reshiram, and Zekrom balloons now.

Sonic R has mixed feelings with a lot of people, but personally, I love it. I love the few tracks that the game has, and the soundtrack is pretty cheesy too, which I'm a sucker for. You could buy Sonic Gems Collection for the GameCube if you wanted to try it out, since it's one of the playable games on there.

Sonic Shuffle is okay. It has a really weird card system instead of the dice used in the Mario Party games, where you can pick a random card that will have a random number on it for you to move with. You can move forward and backward, and you get the stars of the game by beating a boss. You beat the boss by grabbing another random number card, where you could only beat the boss if you're number is higher. The mini-games are weird, too. There's a few good ones in there, but a lot of them are either confusing, unnecessarily hard, or just have bad controls. Sonic Shuffle isn't exactly a bad game, but it's one that you shouldn't expect anything too great to come out of it, and the Mario Party games are definitely a better alternative.
---
#10FFXIgaiaknightPosted 4/23/2013 7:03:41 PM
gamecube personally i see the wii u virtual console service being only nintendo systems this time around.
---
http://www.club1kjho.com
NNI: Gaiaknight