I can't believe Nintendo actually thinks its okay to make me buy VC titles twice

#1solosnakePosted 4/24/2013 6:40:54 AM
I have over 50 virtual console titles on the wii. Making me pay again to be able to play my collection on their newest console is not acceptable. I really don't see how Nintendo sees this as an acceptable business practice.

Has to be one of the greediest moves I've ever seen from a video-game company.

This would be like Sony charging me more money for every ps1/ps2 title I've purchased on psn to be accessible on ps4. Completely ridiculous.
---
"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it's still just a playing piece."
http://thankyouchrishansen.com/
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 4/24/2013 6:42:09 AM
They need to *snap snap* get their act together y'know what im saying?

Despite the sassy attitude i am agreeing with you.You own a VC game on one console, you should own it on all of them including the 4DS and WiiV
#3MDS2005Posted 4/24/2013 6:42:13 AM
...Then play them on the Wii...?
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#4Baha05Posted 4/24/2013 6:43:06 AM
Pretty much the one thing I hate about the VC. I could understand if maybe they gave us something Premium but it's an issue I do have with their handling of it.

The only plus I see coming from it is it might be an excuse to gain points for the Digital Promotion.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5bleedingelitePosted 4/24/2013 6:49:20 AM
Nobody's making you do anything. I'm not buying any of the currently announced VC titles, and I haven't had anybody try to force me to.
#6solosnake(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 6:49:44 AM
Honestly though, the Wii U was the only "next gen" console I had planned on buying. And it was mainly because i wanted to get all my VC titles tied to an account rather than my wii console. So much for that.... Really starting to wish I had just hacked my wii and just emulated all those old titles.

Guess that's what I get for trying to support Nintendo. Fool me once...
---
"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it's still just a playing piece."
http://thankyouchrishansen.com/
#7Baha05Posted 4/24/2013 6:51:51 AM
bleedingelite posted...
Nobody's making you do anything. I'm not buying any of the currently announced VC titles, and I haven't had anybody try to force me to.

While this is true I think to a degree the principle behind it is a bit off. I think s far better solution is to give us minimal controller options. At the very least the ability to play from the Wii U menus with some of the titles (Third Party will be an issue)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#8Enigma149Posted 4/24/2013 6:53:44 AM
Actually, you don't. You can still play all of your VC titles on the Wii U...just without the additional Wii U features.

This would be like Sony charging me more money for every ps1/ps2 title I've purchased on psn to be accessible on ps4. Completely ridiculous.

I hate to disappoint you, but it's starting to look like that's what they're going to do. We already know PSN games aren' FC.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#9Turbo_TRexPosted 4/24/2013 6:54:13 AM
You don't have to pay to play them on the Wii U if you do a simple System Transfer from Wii to Wii U. You only have to pay that reduced price if you want the Wii U features, like off screen play.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#10KaiRyusakiPosted 4/24/2013 6:54:42 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Actually, you don't. You can still play all of your VC titles on the Wii U...just without the additional Wii U features.

I hate to disappoint you, but it's starting to look like that's what they're going to do. We already know PSN games aren' FC.

Dont forget sony removed backwards compatability and started the whole "HD Collection" crap