NSMBU has sold 2.15 million copies, Nintendo Land 2.6 million

#31DarkIVloonPosted 4/24/2013 11:29:05 AM
we only bought ZombiU because there was nothing else.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#32kissdadookiePosted 4/24/2013 11:32:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33HungoverHero777Posted 4/24/2013 11:36:21 AM
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Repost:

Noticed how u reposted it this time without the insult that got ur post deleted...

Notice how a little insult gets you all riled up and running to mommy.

Hmmm.... trolling or flaming? Decisions, decisions....
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#34squatch22Posted 4/24/2013 11:36:27 AM
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Repost:

Noticed how u reposted it this time without the insult that got ur post deleted...

Break rules, get modded.
Simples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl545RF6dXA
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#35trollhunter2Posted 4/24/2013 11:36:56 AM
wii sales numbers are insane o_O
---
shadowfxd:" Vita is overpriced, has overpriced memory cards and only ports, atleast Wii U has 2 games and is about to outsell the Vita already" busted
#36usfslackerPosted 4/24/2013 11:43:34 AM
kissdadookie posted...

Black Ops 2 came out roughly at around the same time it was out on other platforms, it performs and looks close to on par with the 360 version. Nintendo even made a huge hoopla about it. THAT game should have done much better, the fact that it did not is VERY EVIDENT that you Nintendo fanboys are so closed minded and only focus on the Nintendo-y stuff that it makes it a horrible business proposition for 3rd parties to support the system whole heartedly (and the sales trend for the Wii U is at GameCube levels right now, you can laugh at how shaky the PS3 launch was but it never dipped so low in sales throughout it's lifetime on the market)..

No. Just, no. Black Ops 2 came out ROUGHLY at the same time and ran ON PAR with current consoles. These words are incredibly important and shouldn't be glossed over. The CoD games sell roughly 40 million a year across PS3 and 360. The CoD franchise, historically, sells like 70% of that on DAY ONE and the rest of it over the next few months. Finally, the franchise largely sells to the unwashed masses that make up your general public; NOT to us.

This means several things:
1) Missing the launch day of this series by even a single day means you miss 70% of its total buys

2) If I own the last 14 CoD games all on my PS3, why would I go out and buy the new one AND a new console to play a functionally similar game with a smaller online community and without all of my established friends. I guarantee you that, unless the online networks of the next gen Xbox and PS allow you to play with 360/PS3 owners, they will face similar crappy sales of CoD this year.

3) The WiiU version is not functionally similar and has unique benefits, but you'd never know it because Activision won't get MS's **** out of their mouth long enough to advertise those benefits. Most of the CoD fanbase does not read Kotaku or watch E3. A good number of them don't even know the WiiU version exists.

4) DLC. **** you Activision. You prove to me you'll support your games or I won't buy them; I don't care how much you wish it worked the other way around. It's the reason I won't buy the next CoD, I haven't bought NFS yet, and I won't be buying the next AC until Ubisoft stops delaying the WiiU version of DLC by a month. And I won't buy those games on my PS3 either, because its not OK that certain customers get treated like **** for no reason.
---
PSN ID: USFSlacker86
No, that is not true at all. Something = good is either true or false. It is not construed as an opinion. -Conker
#37kissdadookiePosted 4/24/2013 11:45:14 AM
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
squatch22 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Repost:

Break rules, get modded.
Simples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl545RF6dXA

Cry cry cry. So instead of being able to defend your nonsense argument, you just deflect it and cry about being insulted? Sad.
#38kissdadookiePosted 4/24/2013 11:55:23 AM(edited)
usfslacker posted...

No. Just, no. Black Ops 2 came out ROUGHLY at the same time and ran ON PAR with current consoles. These words are incredibly important and shouldn't be glossed over. The CoD games sell roughly 40 million a year across PS3 and 360. The CoD franchise, historically, sells like 70% of that on DAY ONE and the rest of it over the next few months. Finally, the franchise largely sells to the unwashed masses that make up your general public; NOT to us.

This means several things:
1) Missing the launch day of this series by even a single day means you miss 70% of its total buys

2) If I own the last 14 CoD games all on my PS3, why would I go out and buy the new one AND a new console to play a functionally similar game with a smaller online community and without all of my established friends. I guarantee you that, unless the online networks of the next gen Xbox and PS allow you to play with 360/PS3 owners, they will face similar crappy sales of CoD this year.

3) The WiiU version is not functionally similar and has unique benefits, but you'd never know it because Activision won't get MS's **** out of their mouth long enough to advertise those benefits. Most of the CoD fanbase does not read Kotaku or watch E3. A good number of them don't even know the WiiU version exists.

4) DLC. **** you Activision. You prove to me you'll support your games or I won't buy them; I don't care how much you wish it worked the other way around. It's the reason I won't buy the next CoD, I haven't bought NFS yet, and I won't be buying the next AC until Ubisoft stops delaying the WiiU version of DLC by a month. And I won't buy those games on my PS3 either, because its not OK that certain customers get treated like **** for no reason.

No no no no no. Look at how well Black Ops 2 sold on the other 2 platforms even during the launch week of the Wii U. Going by those sales numbers, there was still PLENTY of momentum left for the game thus effectively negating your argument.

As for your "I own all the other CoD's on my PS360, why would I buy it for the Wii U?" argument, that's you assuming that most of the Wii U early adopters (which dominates the majority of the current install base for the Wii U) also owned PS360s. This is just a silly assumption on your part.

As for the "unique" Wii U benefits, they aren't much of a benefit because bottom line is that CoD is multiplayer-centric, plain and simple. Activision has even reported that roughly half the CoD players have actually never touched the campaign. So these "benefits" is a moot point. Also looking through the BO2 Wii U board, it's very apparent that most are Wii CoD players carrying over to the Wii U which again supports my point that the majority of Wii U owners are Nintendo zealots that basically have ignored other platforms and more or less ignored 3rd party games in general.

As for your DLC argument, it was assumed that the Wii U would get DLC and DLC for BO2 did ship for any of the platforms until relatively later after the game launched. So DLC really isn't much of a factor in purchasing decision at the time for BO2 on Wii U.

The problem again is with the audience, the Nintendo fans are not supporting 3rd party titles and there's really not enough of these diehard fans to boost sales of the system to maintain momentum, thus the lack of 3rd party support (due to it being obviously a bad business proposition).

Bottom line here is that BO2 is a game that sells itself, yet it didn't make a blip on the radar for the Wii U version. Zombi U sold ridiculously poorly considering how good of a game it is, the lack of Wii U games in general, and Nintendo even pushed the hell out of it in marketing. Zombi U alone shows how little Nintendo fans care about 3rd party titles.
#39squatch22Posted 4/24/2013 12:07:24 PM
kissdadookie posted...
the Nintendo fans are not supporting 3rd party titles .

I own multiple 3rd party games on my Nintendo systems...
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg