Dead Island: Riptide publisher explains Wii U absence

#1HELZEROPosted 4/24/2013 11:43:10 AM
http://www.gamespot.com//news/dead-island-riptide-publisher-explains-wii-u-absence-6405486?

Few days old article.

Sorry guys, publisher has no interest in future development on Wii U :(
#2Faceman_Posted 4/24/2013 11:45:50 AM
Ah, Dead Island. I remember how amazing it looked it that one reverse trailer they put out... Then I got the game and it was worse than Aliens. Riptide is a half assed expansion pack with one new character. When they make a good game (lol) I'll care.
#3ZatchBellPosted 4/24/2013 11:46:55 AM(edited)
I saw the article and as someone who played the original Dead Island on PS3 I can say Wiiu owners are not missing anything. A very mediocre zombie game series
---
Sega Fan for Life
#4BuretsuPosted 4/24/2013 11:46:27 AM
HELZERO posted...

"It's not something I would categorically rule out, but it's not something that's planned," he said.

---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5PulpPosted 4/24/2013 11:47:42 AM
It's funny how devs are feeling forced to go back and revise statements like... "oh, we meant to say the engine could run on a Wii U theoretically, we just have no plans to do so". Just stick to your guns -- it's clear devs believe too many sacrifices need to be made for a Wii U port and the numbers don't justify the effort. We get it.

Bad news for Wii U only owners, I guess. But maybe good news for PS4/720 fans.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#6BuretsuPosted 4/24/2013 11:53:06 AM
Pulp posted...
it's clear devs believe too many sacrifices need to be made for a Wii U port and the numbers don't justify the effort.

A Techland representative has told GameSpot that Dead Island: Riptide's engine would not need to be rewritten or adapted to run on the Wii U and that the decision to not release the game on the Wii U was not down to the engine's capabilities.

---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7HELZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 11:55:28 AM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
HELZERO posted...

"It's not something I would categorically rule out, but it's not something that's planned," he said.

It's a nice way of saying no thanks, but I'll think about it (but ya I already made up my mind buddy its a NO).
#8BuretsuPosted 4/24/2013 11:56:45 AM
HELZERO posted...
Buretsu posted...
HELZERO posted...

It's a nice way of saying no thanks, but I'll think about it (but ya I already made up my mind buddy its a NO).

Boy, you must be dizzy, all that desperate spinning.
---
#9PulpPosted 4/24/2013 11:58:28 AM
Buretsu posted...
Blaaargh?

Not the first time I've told you this, Buretsu, but ask an adult to help with the reading of posts. You completely missed the point. Dev says one thing, then goes back to revise. Just what I wrote. It's happened multiple times now.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#10AlexFiliPosted 4/24/2013 12:00:37 PM
The first Dead Island game was good, Riptide sucks apparently.
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/