Mario Kart Wii U coming this year

#21vidalmorazaPosted 4/24/2013 1:44:44 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
The shocker of the century.

I think the news is that is this year, not that there is a Mario Kart game....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#22tuznecotePosted 4/24/2013 1:49:44 PM
Can I use the control pad? I don't want to use that gamepa... you know what. The whole point of the wiiu system is the gamepad and I don't like using it. Now I know what Wiimote haters feel like.
#23tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/25/2013 7:02:05 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
This board is going to be a mess when it becomes clear that a 3D Mario is not releasing this year and all the delusional people who convinced themselves otherwise lose their minds. Far too many people have taken "playable at E3" to mean "promised to release this year." Just remember, Nintendo never said a 3D Mario would release this year. And it won't. Unless it is drastically downsized from the prior 3D Mario games we have seen, the game will not come until at least a year from now.

You have no way of knowing any of this. The Galaxy team had 2.5 years to develop Galaxy. By the time it presumably would come out, they will have had 3.5 years to develop 3D Mario U, and the size of the team is supposedly larger than before.

It's not as far fetched as many of you are claiming.

It's not far-fetched only if you have incredibly low expectations. Galaxy was developed on essentially the same hardware as Sunshine. I'd hope that Nintendo is actually building an entirely new engine to take advantage of the new hardware, which will hopefully translate into more than just prettier graphics, but also larger worlds, more enemies, some type of mii-verse integration (obviously), unique Gamepad functions, and just more of everything we've come to expect from AAA HD releases. If you want all of that, you can forget the game coming out this year.

I guess you missed the part where they have been hiring and expanding the sizes of many of their dev teams. It still isn't far fetched.
#24SlimeSwayzePosted 4/25/2013 12:24:49 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
This board is going to be a mess when it becomes clear that a 3D Mario is not releasing this year and all the delusional people who convinced themselves otherwise lose their minds. Far too many people have taken "playable at E3" to mean "promised to release this year." Just remember, Nintendo never said a 3D Mario would release this year. And it won't. Unless it is drastically downsized from the prior 3D Mario games we have seen, the game will not come until at least a year from now.

You have no way of knowing any of this. The Galaxy team had 2.5 years to develop Galaxy. By the time it presumably would come out, they will have had 3.5 years to develop 3D Mario U, and the size of the team is supposedly larger than before.

It's not far-fetched only if you have incredibly low expectations. Galaxy was developed on essentially the same hardware as Sunshine. I'd hope that Nintendo is actually building an entirely new engine to take advantage of the new hardware, which will hopefully translate into more than just prettier graphics, but also larger worlds, more enemies, some type of mii-verse integration (obviously), unique Gamepad functions, and just more of everything we've come to expect from AAA HD releases. If you want all of that, you can forget the game coming out this year.

I guess you missed the part where they have been hiring and expanding the sizes of many of their dev teams. It still isn't far fetched.

I haven't missed anything. Let's talk again when the game releases next year.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#25tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/25/2013 12:55:57 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

I haven't missed anything. Let's talk again when the game releases next year.

Doesn't bother me either way. I never said it's guaranteed to hit this year. You said it's guaranteed NOT to hit this year (unless it's a horribly crappy rush job). Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
#26Xcalibur02Posted 4/25/2013 1:35:53 PM
Wow! So now you people are straight up accusing Nintendo of lying. The article tells us in writing it's coming this year, and we're just supposed to assume that everything Nintendo tells us is a lie, other wise we're delusional fanboys for actually taking their word for it rather than yours.

What reason do I have to believe you over the people actually making the game when the only "evidence" you have is that we don't have any details. Do you work for Nintendo? Or are you just spouting bull**** from your ass because you get high off of throwing belittling buzzwords at people that don't blindly hate Nintendo and all of their fans like you anti-Nintendo hipster dudebro's do every chance you get?

P.S. We didn't know anything about Kirby's Epic Yarn before E3 2010, and that got released the same year. Same with Donkey Kong Country Returns. So there goes your "evidence."
---
Prime Minister of the Zelda: A Link to the Past 3DS Board
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#27trenkenPosted 4/25/2013 1:40:40 PM
xXSmash_BrosXx posted...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/rejoice_mario_kart_wii_u_is_coming_this_year
Also a new Super Mario Bros. game.

New Super Luigi U. We already knew about that. There is no 3D Mario coming out this year. Way too soon. There is always 5 years between them. Galaxy 2 doesnt count, it was built with a lot of leftovers from SMG1, confirmed by Miyamoto.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#28KenauePosted 4/25/2013 1:43:57 PM
New Super Luigi U

They specifically said game. Luigi U is not a game, it's DLC.
---
Now Playing: Digital Devil Saga (PS2), P3:FES (PS2), Black Ops 2 (Wii U), Fallout: NV (PC), Portal 2 (PC)
PSN: Lord_CBH / Nintendo Network: LordCBH
#29tizzywilkillyouPosted 4/25/2013 1:58:59 PM
Kenaue posted...
New Super Luigi U

They specifically said game. Luigi U is not a game, it's DLC.

Yes. They said "new title" Luigi U wouldn't really fit the bill.

It definitely seems like it could be slightly too soon for a 3D Mario, but with talk of drastically increasing staffing at internal studios over the past few years, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Maybe it'll end up being in 2014, but anyone saying they KNOW it will not be 2013 is talking out of their ass.
#30rafiiillaPosted 4/25/2013 3:12:27 PM(edited)
Doesn't bother me either way. I never said it's guaranteed to hit this year. You said it's guaranteed NOT to hit this year (unless it's a horribly crappy rush job). Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

That's an absolute...

this means that only a sith can say "Only a sith deals in absolutes", but then again, what I just said is an absolute, so I must be a Sith!!!!!!!

Edit: Quoted the wrong user... my bad
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3xxrWmyk1qj8d3jo1_500.gif