Wii U is in need of an universal achievement system

#1MBBDarigonPosted 4/24/2013 2:48:08 PM
I wanna hear the mario coin sound when achieving such a difficult task midgameplay
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
The most interesting man in the world
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 4/24/2013 2:51:37 PM
Here we go!
#3iKhanicPosted 4/24/2013 2:56:42 PM
No it's not. Achievements are completely meaningless, and there is no benefit to having them tied to the system.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4McDude_Posted 4/24/2013 2:57:04 PM
I'd love achievements in Nintendo games.

If it's a game I really, really like I go back and try to get the achievements as an added goal when replaying a game.

If it's a game I only sorta liked, I usually don't bother and only get the ones you automatically get for just playing the game.

All in all, I don't care about my achievement score, but it's a nice feature to have every now and then. It doesn't hurt anyone. It's just more.

Can't see an argument against it that isn't somehow built on the same idiocy that rails against other optional features like fast travel ("everyone should play like I play or boo hoo").
---
"He's not daddy. He's just a guy in a suit."
#5scrahfyPosted 4/24/2013 2:58:30 PM
i want achievements for wii u/3ds BAD. gives mad replayability
#6LemonKweenstaaaPosted 4/24/2013 2:58:51 PM
As long as developers aren't forced to implement them.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
31,795 > 66,980 -Sailor Goon
#7Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/24/2013 3:01:22 PM(edited)
Achievements suck and are only for E-peen!

*Goes back to miiverse and tries to get yeahs*
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#8BadreviewPosted 4/24/2013 3:00:01 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
As long as developers aren't forced to implement them.

Which gives them absolutely no incentive of making them. Hence no accomplishment system...
#9FayeLadyPosted 4/24/2013 3:00:13 PM
I'd say the average Nintendo game could use more content, and an achievement system would be an easy way to do this.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10Godstriker8Posted 4/24/2013 3:00:24 PM
iKhanic posted...
No it's not. Achievements are completely meaningless, and there is no benefit to having them tied to the system.

Games in general are completely meaningless. People get achievements for the same reason they play games: It's fun. Whether the fun one gets is derived from getting a particularly hard achievement, or collecting as many as possible, it's just another element that lots of people find fun. If you don't like them, that's fine doesn't mean that other people shouldn't get them.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!