Nintendo: "Our E3 conference will be all about already announced games"

#21DeathSnipe777Posted 4/24/2013 7:36:53 PM(edited)
Hmmm, I find this to be interesting. Especially because they plan to only show titles that will (mostly) be released in 2013. It makes me wonder which games they'll show and how many of them will be released in 2013. I feel like the "heavy hitter" will be news of Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS being released during Holiday 2013.

Regardless, Nintendo Directs have a much better track record than E3 has for over a decade. In hindsight, E3 was never really mindblowing to begin with. Everyone hypes the Big Three to high-f***ing-heaven and then they're left disappointed year after year.

I'll still watch it, though. I'm more excited about the fact that it looks like a lot of stuff is confirmed to be coming out this year.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#22Tino_Tonitini2Posted 4/24/2013 7:36:37 PM
If they will absolutely announce no games whatsoever at E3 (I'm not sure I believe by the way), it will be disappointing. HOWEVER, there's a lot that we don't know about a lot of games they've announced already, particularly two games: Mario Kart U and the next 3D Mario game. We know they'll be playable at this year's E3 and....that's it. We know nothing else!

There a lot of other games we know very little about (Smash Bros., SMT X FE, Monolith Soft's game, etc.) that Nintendo can discuss in more detail. There should be plenty of new information to share with gamers. In other words, there will be plenty of unknown stuff to reveal but it purportedly won't not come in the form of new game announcements (again not buying the "no new game announcements" thing).
#23vidalmorazaPosted 4/24/2013 7:36:54 PM
So is gonna bi just a big Nintendo Direct showing games and games? Iīm ok with it...

NIntendo canīt talk like other E3 about how much Wii U sells and is in every home....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#24blazeUP12Posted 4/24/2013 7:37:46 PM
It'll be about games, so that's a good thing.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#25DeathSnipe777Posted 4/24/2013 7:38:01 PM
Also, people are assuming that Nintendo won't announce more new games via Nintendo Direct before E3.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#26The_King82Posted 4/24/2013 7:40:13 PM
Nintendo, the laughing stock of E3 again.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#27NamcoMuseum2Posted 4/24/2013 7:40:44 PM
Sadly, it's probably going to be like this at every Nintendo E3 from now on.
---
RobJ23 (the ultimate Nintendo apologist) = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg
#28GambitAcePosted 4/24/2013 7:40:53 PM
Also, people are assuming that Nintendo won't announce more new games via Nintendo Direct before E3.

I think they implied that their E3 show will consist of things announced prior to today.
---
how do you turn this on?
#29DBPanterAPosted 4/24/2013 7:40:53 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Nintendo is done doing the traditional thing.

For those that say the need to advertize, they must realize that costs money. Nintendo would not have made money if they advertized like folks wanted them to.

Nintendo Directs are the linked via social media sites like facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. People who watch them own their products or are interested. It is a focused message for those that may purchase their goods. It is like a monthly or bi-monthly infomercial.

The reason why Nintendo always had such big E3's in the past was because they were so secretive, you never had any idea what they were up to.

Today, they need to generate sales of their hardware. Software sells hardware. They will focus on their games, and most likely lay out a plan for releases. There is a ton of games for both the 3DS and Wii U on the horizon, it's time to get some dates in place.

I expect little to no surprises at E3, and so should everyone else. I do expect some release dates. If I get this silly holidays or Q4 junk, I may not buy the game. The AAA games from the 3rd party developers have firm dates and I have purchased those games. Nothing from Nintendo. They need to have the dates for people that like to keep their finances in order.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#30pearl arowanaPosted 4/24/2013 7:42:15 PM
DemonBuffet posted...
Delicious tears.

ROFL
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar