My Mario Kart U Dream Game (Literally)

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 4/24/2013 8:21:16 PM
I recently had a dream in which Mario Kart U was actually called Mario Kart Maximum Velocity, but then I pointed out how this is the same subtitle as a F-Zero game so my subconscious decided to change it to Max Speed. I told my subconscious (I'm aware that it's pretty weird, think of it as a conversation with your conscience but while dreaming) that it was pretty lame and then he changed it to Super cc. As you may have guessed, I pointed out the similarity to Super Circuit then he finally changed it to... Mario Kart 300.

Anyway, you may have probably guessed what the gimmick is but there's a new mode called 300cc in which karts are twice as fast as in 150cc. Obviously I was playing the game in my sleep and I remember that items worked a bit differently. The special items unique to each character from Double Dash!! returned. The standard items were Banana, Fake Item Box, Mushroom, Green Shell, Red Shell, Spiny Shell, Starman, Thundercloud, Blooper, POW Block, Super Leaf and Boo. The Spiny Shell was nerfed, it lost its wings and could hit everyone in front of you like in 64 but getting hit by one had the same effect as the Green and Red Shells. A new feature allows you to combo items, if you have an unused item and go fast enough which is over 90% of your natural max speed (the max speed you can achieve without the use of boost pads), a speed meter appears and starts filling up. If you can keep your speed over that 90% mark for a certain amount of time, the meter will eventually become full. If you go below the 90% mark, the meter won't disappear but it will gradually deplete, the slower you are the faster it depletes. Using your item makes the meter disappear. When full, your item upgrades.

Banana > Banana Bunch (same as in 64)
Fake Item Box > Fake? Item Box (it looks exactly like the real thing)
Mushroom > Triple Mushrooms
Green Shell > Triple Green Shells
Red Shell > Triple Red Shells
Spiny Shell > Triple Spiny Shells (this isn't as overpowered as you might think since all three are launched one after the other in an interval of one second between each throws)
Starman > Rainbow Star (lasts longer than Starman)
Thundercloud > Lightning
Blooper > Super Blooper (same as Blooper but for the first second the screen is entirely black)
POW Block > Big POW Block (same as POW Block but hits instantaneously, giving you no warning)
Super Leaf > Tanooki (same as Super Leaf but you also get turned into a statue making you invincible for the duration of the item)
Boo > Big Boo (same as Boo but you stay invisible much longer)

Not only was there a Mirror mode for 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and 300cc but there was also a Reversed for each cc as well as a Mirror-Reversed for each cc. In Reversed mode, you race in the opposite direction. In the case of impasses like one-way cannons and cliffs; things like cannons and slopes are added on some tracks in Reversed mode. The finish line and starting positions also switch places.

] = starting position
| = finish line
The first one below is standard while the second one is reversed.
] ] ] ] |
| [ [ [ [

The character roster was huge and the numbers of racers move again from 12 to 16. Each character had unique stats and special items but many share the latter with others.

Starters:
Light: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Koopa Troopa, Toad, Toadette, Mii (if small)
Medium: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Mii (if average)
Heavy: Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Rosalina, Mii (if tall)

Unlockable:
Light: Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby DK, Baby Wario, Baby Waluigi, Hammer Bro., Dry Bones, Lakitu
Medium: Daisy, Pauline, Birdo, Shy Guy, Kamek, E. Gadd, R.O.B
Heavy: Funky Kong, King K. Rool, Dry Bowser, King Boo, Petey Pirahna, Queen Bee, Wriggler, Wart

What do you think of my dream? Would you like it to be true?
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#2YoyokuKOPosted 4/24/2013 8:23:06 PM
just like a dream, i only remember (ig read) a few things
#3MooglePeruPosted 4/24/2013 8:25:11 PM
Not only was there a Mirror mode for 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and 300cc but there was also a Reversed for each cc as well as a Mirror-Reversed for each cc. In Reversed mode, you race in the opposite direction. In the case of impasses like one-way cannons and cliffs; things like cannons and slopes are added on some tracks in Reversed mode. The finish line and starting positions also switch places.

You know, I've been wondering for a long time now why Nintendo hasn't made this a real mode yet. It is something I always play with my pals.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U Board
Mog can go **** himself - Members of the ZWU Board
#4StephenYap3Posted 4/25/2013 7:42:40 AM
I wanna buy this game. Now. That's all I have, folks.
---
I wanted to give Agnes Oblige a Chocobo doll as a gift, but she walked away and was never seen since I had -3 BP :(
#5Banjo2553Posted 4/25/2013 7:47:35 AM
Pretty interesting idea. Especially the 300cc thing, the series has been losing its sense of speed.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz