Opinions on Nintendo not presenting at E3?

#1Luigifan141Posted 4/24/2013 8:24:23 PM
How do you feel about it? - Results (296 votes)
I hate it! E3 was a tradition for Nintendo, it shouldn't stop now!
25.34% (75 votes)
I don't like it. I wish Nintendo presented, but at least they'll still be there.
30.07% (89 votes)
I'm neutral. It's no biggie that Nintendo won't present, and they'll still be there anyway.
24.32% (72 votes)
I like it, Microsoft and Sony would've taken all of the attention anyway.
9.12% (27 votes)
I love it, it gives Nintendo a chance to shine in Nintendo Directs!
11.15% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I don't really like it. I don't care if E3 in general has been going downhill for the past couple of years, it's always been a pleasure watching all three companies conferences live. And now that my favorite company out of the big three, Nintendo, won't actually have a conference at E3 this year, it's gotten me a bit worried about them. From my understanding, at least they'll still be on the showfloor presenting their latest games, and we will most likely get a Nintendo Direct or two to make up for it. But still, it won't be the same not watching a presentation from the Big N this year, and I wished that they found a way to work out a conference. Oh well.

Anyway, what are your guys opinions on this?
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Super Monkey Ball 2 (GCN)
#2DiscostewSMPosted 4/24/2013 8:25:38 PM
You forgot the option that says "If you read the information, you'll know they are still showing stuff at E3."
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#31shadetail1Posted 4/24/2013 8:25:44 PM
*facepalm*

They *are* presenting at E3. Christ on a crutch, how did so many people mess this up?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4kyle78Posted 4/24/2013 8:26:13 PM
This clearly means they have nothing new coming out. By new I mean, no remakes or ports.
---
Game credits roll, and all I see is a whole lot of useless positions and titles. No wonder why they cost what they do.
#5FlyinTonitePosted 4/24/2013 8:26:30 PM
nintendo direct > nintendo e3 presentation... less filler more games. Personally, I wish all three companies did this, e3 is nothing more than a ploy to get more investors. Hell, e3 is barely open to the public anymore, it's mostly for devs, journalists and investors (as mentioned before).
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#6picanoPosted 4/24/2013 8:26:30 PM
Nintendo Directs (especially the one before last E3) have been far more entertaining than E3 has been over the past years.

Information solely about the games straight to us fans --- with sales statistics or market research to get in the way.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#7Numbuh100Posted 4/24/2013 8:26:39 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
You forgot the option that says "If you read the information, you'll know they are still showing stuff at E3."

---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#8FlyinTonitePosted 4/24/2013 8:26:51 PM
picano posted...
Nintendo Directs (especially the one before last E3) have been far more entertaining than E3 has been over the past years.

Information solely about the games straight to us fans --- with sales statistics or market research to get in the way.

same time post :)
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#9Dustof_DryBonesPosted 4/24/2013 8:27:03 PM
If it means we're getting more of those spectacular Nintendo Directs we've been getting recently, then I'm all for it.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#10kingbadjoPosted 4/24/2013 8:29:46 PM
Nintendo not presenting at E3 is just.... idk how they think that is a good decision! It's a huge event where MORE people will be paying attention compared to their Nintendo Direct.... E3 is just... just... A THING, it's tradition! It must be done!.. and it's where you go to see what is going on for the rest of the year.... damn. Hopefully they know what they are doing...
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.