Opinions on Nintendo not presenting at E3?

#41deathslovePosted 4/25/2013 1:46:23 AM
Pulp posted...
DBPanterA posted...
I love how most people in this thread are illiterate. Go to Nintendo's web-site or go to gonintendo.com and read the press release. It does not state there will be no presentation, only a scaled back version.

It's not rocket science people, it's reading. Left to right, top to bottom, group words together to form a sentence. Advil for headaches, midol for cramps. The Intellectual Savior of the Masses is here. You're Welcome!

Scaling back (aka no presentation) means they have very little to showcase and don't want to be directly compared to Sony and MS's presentation. That's bad news, even to the most delusional fanboy.

This, it is insane how a ton of people on this board are saying they don't mind, it is no big deal. They say it is no big deal for everything. Nintendo can do no wrong in their minds.

Them not doing the big presentation means they don't have much to announce that we don't already know about. So they will just have demo's of a few already announced games like pikmin 3? Sad to see fanboys try to spin everything Nintendo does as some positive. "oh! it is all about the games now!!" HAHAHA okay sure.
#42Amazing AmpharosPosted 4/25/2013 1:51:32 AM
I suspect a ploy here on Nintendo's part. They might actually be aiming to steal the show here with playable demos. We already know that smash 4 is going to be a huge part of their E3 this year (they've said so), and if they intended to have a big playable demo and make that their biggest "okay, isn't this enough reason to buy a Wii U?" argument, they'll want the gaming media to be as focused on that as possible. They may actually have several games ready for that; it would make sense given that we otherwise have to ask what exactly they have been doing this half a year if not making a bunch of games. A conference is inherently just people talking and videos being played, and any attention that gets is detracting from the coverage the play gets.

Even more, if they have a huge floor presence with the games and no conference, it ruins the symmetry of the game media reporting. A common thing is to have the big headlines be the big three conferences and then everything else they do be just a part of a massive roll of articles (E3 is crazy rush time for game journalism). If Nintendo simply does not do a conference but still has just as much stuff to report on, it's ruined and they have to cover the whole event differently. Rather than a probably boring conference being put as a headline next to two major console reveal conferences from Sony and Microsoft (E3 is going to be pull out all the stops time for PS4 and the next Xbox which will probably involve tons of verbal information and video, perfectly suited for conferences), they jumble the format up and force their content to be given parity in a sort of backwards way.

Of course, let's be real; none of us really know what's going on. Nintendo is secretive to the extreme, and they have a knack for the unpredictable. I think my guess is plausible enough, but I certainly can't claim it's anything but a guess. Let's just wait and see together and save a final verdict for after we see what they actually do.
#43UmitenchoPosted 4/25/2013 2:10:05 AM
They probably don't have a lot new to present to the investors and media. I rather they focus on content than on fluffy trailers. I have youtube for that.
#44ChosenoneknuxPosted 4/25/2013 2:52:37 AM
I think it's a great idea - news spread over several days, more focus on games than spectacles / numbers for press, and NDs can still come at any time?

Win / win, I say.

E3 does not fit our always-connected, digital world.

NDs are a more controlled, modern communication tool for the fans.
---
PKMN Black FC - 3525 1818 6640
FFIX is greater than FFVII
#45Skill4ReelPosted 4/25/2013 3:10:46 AM
"Neutral" must be the same as the "I don't care" option. Nintendo will still be at E3 2013 showing the exact same games that they were always planning to show. Just without the long-drawn-out, cheesy stage show presentation. I have no problem at all with that.
#46Ghost-inZeShellPosted 4/25/2013 3:55:19 AM
I don't like it.

I think that not having one is a very bad sign.

The Nintendo Directs are for small announcements and updates on bigger announcements that have been already announced.

E3 is were you announce big announcements and show off.
Show off what you have and will have.

Not having one, means to me, that they probably have nothing to show.
No footage for Zelda U.
No announcement for Metroid U.

Is sad.
#47HungoverHero777Posted 4/25/2013 4:40:53 AM
Yes, I'm disappointed that they made this decision, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

What can Nintendo possibly hope to show that can cancel out, not one, but TWO console unveilings? Pretty much nothing, and they knw that. With ND's we get more than one, and they're all about games, instead of financial stuff. Plus, they distance themselves more from Sony and MS's conferences this way, and THEY make their own schedule for these ND's, not E3.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#48ShankspearePosted 4/25/2013 4:59:48 AM
deathslove posted...
Pulp posted...
DBPanterA posted...
I love how most people in this thread are illiterate. Go to Nintendo's web-site or go to gonintendo.com and read the press release. It does not state there will be no presentation, only a scaled back version.

It's not rocket science people, it's reading. Left to right, top to bottom, group words together to form a sentence. Advil for headaches, midol for cramps. The Intellectual Savior of the Masses is here. You're Welcome!

Scaling back (aka no presentation) means they have very little to showcase and don't want to be directly compared to Sony and MS's presentation. That's bad news, even to the most delusional fanboy.

This, it is insane how a ton of people on this board are saying they don't mind, it is no big deal. They say it is no big deal for everything. Nintendo can do no wrong in their minds.

Them not doing the big presentation means they don't have much to announce that we don't already know about. So they will just have demo's of a few already announced games like pikmin 3? Sad to see fanboys try to spin everything Nintendo does as some positive. "oh! it is all about the games now!!" HAHAHA okay sure.

In my case it is apathy not complacency. I just don't really care about E3 that much.
#49FayeLadyPosted 4/25/2013 5:04:57 AM
Nintendo's largest advantage has always been marketing. They could convince people they wanted something better than the other lot could. E3 (and the reader/viewership of those reporting it)is one of the larger stages to do this. I know I watch each E3 conference, and have yet to bother with a single Nintendo Direct.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#50The_Mana_LegendPosted 4/25/2013 5:07:29 AM
It doesn't matter to me. Not having a presentation won't all of a sudden mean all of their games are disappearing.