Poll: What was Nintendo's biggest mistake with the Wii U?

#71BadreviewPosted 4/28/2013 5:52:41 PM
Terotrous posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
No big first-party IP. Nintendo completely blew their head start. By the time they get some good games out, all the focus will be on PS4 and Xbox 720.

It's not "completely" blown, they've still got like 6 months. Keep in mind it'll take PS4 and 720 some time to get their games out too.

"Squandered" is a more accurate term for what they did.

PS3 and 360's library was quite diverse with third party game in it's first year. I'm sure Sony and MS won't have the same problem as the WiiU.

All the hype will be on the new XBOX and Sony console probably even during Christmas unless Nintendo gives us something really amazing.
#72Nintendoboy77Posted 4/28/2013 6:03:46 PM
Option 2, 5, and 6.
#73IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/28/2013 6:45:59 PM
Badreview posted...
Terotrous posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
No big first-party IP. Nintendo completely blew their head start. By the time they get some good games out, all the focus will be on PS4 and Xbox 720.

It's not "completely" blown, they've still got like 6 months. Keep in mind it'll take PS4 and 720 some time to get their games out too.

"Squandered" is a more accurate term for what they did.

PS3 and 360's library was quite diverse with third party game in it's first year. I'm sure Sony and MS won't have the same problem as the WiiU.

All the hype will be on the new XBOX and Sony console probably even during Christmas unless Nintendo gives us something really amazing.

Uh, no they were not "diverse" during their first years, if you sincerely believe that, you're nuts. I recall the 360 took damn near a full year to finally have a title worth owning, and the PS3 had merely one game that got a 9.1 at the time, Resistance. That game was nothing special is all I got to say about it.

Further, I can't believe the idiots buying into the hype. That these consoles are going to be life changers basically, when all I am seeing is same ole', same ole', just an evolution of it with prettier graphics, and no backwards compatibility to speak of, there's nothing unique about them that makes me go "OMG, I must get one!" I haven't seen too many people waxing the weasel over the PS4 myself, and MS? Psh, that thing is gonna TANK! MS is in for a serious ass kicking this generation, and I am looking forward to seeing it sink faster than the Titanic.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#74levelmaster2Posted 4/28/2013 6:56:02 PM
I can't vote in this poll because of either no other option or nothing was wrong option.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#75LvthnPosted 4/28/2013 7:14:47 PM
All of the above.

It was released prematurely with few games, a gimmick few care about, underpowered hardware that won't permit most third party titles to be multiplat on it, incomplete features (see VC), a confusing and silly name, and nonexistent marketing to even try to remedy that, and it's at a price point that most families won't pay.

You can get away with making several mistakes. Wii had a silly name that was ridiculed, it was underpowered, and it had poor third party support. However it had a gimmick with wide appeal, a reasonable price, popular IPs often with good multiplayer, and great marketing.

Wii U made just about every conceivable mistake and bizarrely Nintendo is doing very little to even try to fix it.
#76IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/28/2013 7:16:14 PM
Lvthn posted...

Wii U made just about every conceivable mistake and bizarrely Nintendo is doing very little to even try to fix it.

Keep saying that to yourself, guessing firmware updates, game release dates, etc. aren't enough for you, huh?
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#77LvthnPosted 4/28/2013 10:45:24 PM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Lvthn posted...

Keep saying that to yourself, guessing firmware updates, game release dates, etc. aren't enough for you, huh?

...are firmware updates and release dates enough for you? Can you PLAY those?

More to the point, do you seriously think anyone looking to buy a new console is gonna be like "Oh hey, Wii U is getting new firmware, I should get it."?

Consider this: as of this very moment, the Wii is a better system than Wii U, and that's even taking into account the fact that Wii U plays Wii games.
#78CyberSturmPosted 4/28/2013 10:52:27 PM
Easily the name. To lazy to come up with a better one.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#79JSC3Posted 4/28/2013 11:01:28 PM
the ZL and ZR buttons not being analog...
---
Nintendo... Do us all a favor and BUY BACK RAREWARE!!!
#80IcedEarthaholicPosted 4/29/2013 3:17:34 AM
Lvthn posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Lvthn posted...

...are firmware updates and release dates enough for you? Can you PLAY those?

More to the point, do you seriously think anyone looking to buy a new console is gonna be like "Oh hey, Wii U is getting new firmware, I should get it."?

Consider this: as of this very moment, the Wii is a better system than Wii U, and that's even taking into account the fact that Wii U plays Wii games.

Way to miss the point, yes you can't "play" a game that isn't out yet, but now there's a timeframe of when said game or games will be out. Thus increasing chances of sales and stronger libraries of games for the future.

Further, firmware updates to improve speed and load times are not a bad thing. I never said firmware updates sold systems, but they show support for the prosuct, and acknowledgement of faults, as well as determination to fix them.

Therefore it is a fallacy to say Nintendo is doing nothing to fix the situation at hand, when they are more than willing to do what they can to make things right. Within a few months when the big hitters arrive, this will be a thing of the past.
---