I don't understand how anyone can defend the lack of E3

#1dart246Posted 4/24/2013 10:35:11 PM
I just don't understand it.

This is the second largest gaming expo in the world (Gamescon taking number 1) and somehow Nintendo is choosing to completely let it go.

I understand that they will be there, but that they won't have a major conference as before and instead focus on the having smaller announcements but it's truly the publicity that Nintendo needs. I hear more often that the Wii U is just a controller for the Wii, an addition, for people to buy. It's painful to hear, but with a terrible marketing campaign and then leaving out one of the largest gaming expos is painful to hear as a fan.

What irks me the most about it, is that this just seems to be typical Nintendo. They believe that they are in their own world where competition doesn't matter and they will be fine, but cut the bull**** and realize that they aren't. The Wii, a completely obsolete system at this point with only one release left is outselling the Wii U in new sales. This is understandable if the system was still alive and kicking (ala PS2 to PS3), but Nintendo effectively killed it off the second the Wii U launched and yet has yet to make a firm reason for someone to switch.

This expo we expect a plethora of amazing games for the Playstation 4 and the next Xbox, and yes Nintendo will be there, they won't have the same fanfare that is expected especially with a system that is struggling and failing to live up to the promises it set forth.

I like Nintendo, and a huge fan of their games but this just boggles my mind! All eyes are on the gaming world for those three days and they choose to hide in the corner giving a huge leg up to their next generation competition.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
~2.5 million in 1.5 months is bad sales? Maybe I missed the memo.
#2RetroFanGirlPosted 4/24/2013 10:39:03 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows what's best for them far more than you do.
---
Hi.
#3dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:38:04 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...

Obviously, that's why the hit their forecasted and budgeted goals as well as managed to put out those system seller games within the first six months of their system launch (Pikmin 3, Wonderfull 101, etc...)
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
~2.5 million in 1.5 months is bad sales? Maybe I missed the memo.
#4dillo9000Posted 4/24/2013 10:38:42 PM
They give out almost E3-like announcements like every two months via Nintedo Direct for a fraction of the price. Since no new hardware is coming, they don't see the need to go all flashy & over the top and spend all kinds of money. Really, if someone doesn't know about the Wii U now, there not going to learn from an overshadowed E3 2013 conference where the PS4 & the new xbox are in the spotlight.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4, Dubs of P3 Movies
Currently playing: P4G, P4A, FE:A, S&ASRT
#5NoGood56erPosted 4/24/2013 10:38:45 PM
RetroFanGirl posted...

This. They'd just get overshadowed by the ps4 and 720 announcements. They know what they are doing. E3s a joke at this point anyways.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#6LinkMaster2703Posted 4/24/2013 10:39:50 PM(edited)
No matter what they do, they're going to get overshadowed by PS4 and 720. It's a a no win situation. This way they can distance themselves from Sony and Microsoft and make announcements on their own schedule. Also, analysts have been saying for years that E3 is dead, yet when Nintendo backs out it's a huge mistake? Doesn't make much sense to me.
#7GoldenJoe24Posted 4/24/2013 10:39:27 PM
Probably because they're sick of the press doing nothing but slam them every chance they get, so Nintendo's cutting them out of the loop. I don't blame them.

The Nintendo Directs are just as effective (if not better than recent E3 presentations), and they aren't restricted to one per year.
#8rudgerlightPosted 4/24/2013 10:40:22 PM
There is already a topic on this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66045023

Also, they're going to be at E3. They just aren't going to waste everybody's time with a stupid presentation that people usually mock anyways. It's not like the press won't be shown all their games and get to play them. That part still happens.
#9RetroFanGirlPosted 4/24/2013 10:40:24 PM
dart246 posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...

Obviously, that's why the hit their forecasted and budgeted goals as well as managed to put out those system seller games within the first six months of their system launch (Pikmin 3, Wonderfull 101, etc...)

Emphasis on the "more than you do". Please do tell us about your multi-million dollar business.
---
Hi.
#10dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 10:41:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]