Nintendo is DROWNING the 3DS with awesome games but the Wii U gets nothing!

#1MarikoNumber35Posted 4/24/2013 11:45:23 PM
Don't they care about the Wii U? ;_;
Wii U feels like another gamecube in a way and if sales don't pick up it might have a short life just like the gamecube and last only 4 years.
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 4/24/2013 11:48:46 PM
Yeah, let's just keep pretending that Bayonetta 2, SSB4, 3D Mario WWHD, new Zelda, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101 don't exist.

Selectiveness will get you nowhere.
#3lionheart5656Posted 4/24/2013 11:49:39 PM
The Wii U is barely months old and the 3DS has been out for a while.

Let's try doing something called thinking next time.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#4UmitenchoPosted 4/24/2013 11:50:57 PM
3DS was struggling as well when it first came out.
#5gfaqsterPosted 4/25/2013 12:02:05 AM
Its crazy that we are getting no Nintendo games for the past few months and probably won't get any until the fall.
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#6STN79Posted 4/25/2013 12:02:29 AM
The Gamecube's life wasn't any shorter than the rest. It Came out in 2001 and the last game for the system came out in 2007. Besides that you're comparing Wii U to 3DS which is over two years old now.
#7DBPanterAPosted 4/25/2013 12:06:25 AM
gfaqster posted...
Its crazy that we are getting no Nintendo games for the past few months and probably won't get any until the fall.

June E3: The focused presentation by Nintendo will be to reveal 1 Nintendo game per month through December. NSMB Luigi DLC July, Pikmin August, Zelda rumored Sept., ??? October, November 24 for either Mario 3D or Mario Kart, December???

Still think both Mario 3D and Mario Kart will be out by X-mas.

They will have a ton of titles to choose from right when their competition brings their new consoles out to try to sell customers on games.

Issue is PS3 and 360 will be much cheaper, and PS4/Durango will be more expensive. Nintendo is in a bad situation, so it needs to most likely price drop and have a ton of games to get people to buy the console.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#8TalentedMPosted 4/25/2013 12:24:29 AM
It is true it is having a rough start and wasn't the hyped up Wii when it came out. Wii was a fluke of gaming culture, it will probobly never happen again. I don't think that it isn't getting attention, I think it is getting plenty... It is just not going to pay off till summer and then the following months to Q4 where the real action will happen.

A price drop (nothing huge but still a drop), a large enough library to give hype about and a few games around the holiday season will put this one up there as a very promising purchase for families. The new consoles will have to compete with a decent library by then and I am sure they wont struggle either as after E3 everyone will have a good general idea of what they want it will be up to the consumers to decide what they want this holiday.

I don't see it failing and I see it doing fine as it always had. Nintendo since the 64 has been one of those consoles you own, it is just a thing to have because you either like the classics, want some new stuff or are interested in the "gimmick" it provides. The WiiU seems to have a lot to offer and I am sure with the classsics will hopefully come some 3rd party support and a few new IPs from Nintendo.

Either way, it is getting attention. You just can't see it because the games aren't being released just yet. They are a little slow out the gate but as many have said so was the 3DS. Why they would make the same mistake twice?... I don't know, they are Nintendo so I guess they just assume they can....
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#9DBPanterAPosted 4/25/2013 12:46:22 AM
The issue with this generation of consoles is that it is the first to compete with smart phones and tablet computers.

When the price of a brand new Wii U is more than a sweet tablet, a consumer will pick the tablet and play free games. The same issue will stunt sales of their competition in November. You will see a lot of people waiting for the price drop. The reason why PS3 and 360s are flying off shelves is that they have extensive library of games and they are cheap.

The saving grace for the 3DS is the Japanese culture is vastly different than the West. The use of street pass works wonders, the lack of smart phone penetration helps, and the even the game types that are popular in Japan cater to a more socializing aspect of gaming.

I do not see Wii U/PS4/Durango breaking 200 million console sales collectively while their predecessors are over 250 million today.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#10Sailor GoonPosted 4/25/2013 12:47:51 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Yeah, let's just keep pretending that Bayonetta 2, SSB4, 3D Mario WWHD, new Zelda, Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101 don't exist.

Selectiveness will get you nowhere.

most of which arent even coming until 2014
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh