Iwata: Wii U Has Lost Momentum

#1Helmsly2008Posted 4/25/2013 1:41:51 AM
http://gematsu.com/2013/04/nintendo-wii-u-has-lost-momentum-due-to-release-schedule

“Wii U has lost momentum due to the release pace of first-party titles which has not lived up to consumers’ expectations,” said Iwata during Nintendo’s latest financial results briefing. “Starting with Pikmin 3 scheduled for release in the upcoming July, however, we will intensively launch our key titles to give sales momentum to the platform.

“Some have the misunderstanding that Wii U is just Wii with a pad for games, and others even consider Wii U GamePad as a peripheral device connectable to Wii. We feel deeply responsible for not having tried hard enough to have consumers understand the product.”

According to Iwata, the system does not yet have its Wii Sports—a game in which people “immediately comprehended its product value.”

Iwata continued, “Wii U has lost momentum due to the release pace of first-party titles which has not lived up to consumers’ expectations.
#2arvilinoPosted 4/25/2013 1:43:16 AM
Pikmin 3 is scheduled for July release? Is that Japan only or something?
#3undisputed2386Posted 4/25/2013 1:57:59 AM
I'm glad that they finally admit that they've been wrong. Now, they just need to actually address these issues with some proper marketing and a steady stream of 1st party titles that people actually want.
---
GOKAIIIII SHHIIILLVAAHH
#4Sailor GoonPosted 4/25/2013 1:59:06 AM
Why is it that Nintendo is always apologizing for their lousy decisions, but never actually doing anything about them?
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#5Amazing AmpharosPosted 4/25/2013 2:01:40 AM
They just said what they're doing. They're releasing Pikmin 3 this summer and plan to release a steadier stream of games going forth from that. It was pretty clear, and I'm not sure what else you want in that regard.
#6TalentedMPosted 4/25/2013 2:03:26 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Why is it that Nintendo is always apologizing for their lousy decisions, but never actually doing anything about them?

“Starting with Pikmin 3 scheduled for release in the upcoming July, however, we will intensively launch our key titles to give sales momentum to the platform.

Sounds like they are doing something to me.

Also what is it that their decisions that personally scorn you somehow? They didn't market hard enough to make it so people didn't know the Wii U (one of E3's biggest news bringers) was a new system being developed?

And yet everyone thinks E3 is somehow really important to get peoples attention... Soccer moms I guess didn't know what the WiiU was and how it was on every magazine as a new system and had a huge release with hype all around it and how it functioned.

I don't really see why you're so hurt by this.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#7Sailor GoonPosted 4/25/2013 2:09:40 AM
Amazing Ampharos posted...
They just said what they're doing. They're releasing Pikmin 3 this summer and plan to release a steadier stream of games going forth from that. It was pretty clear, and I'm not sure what else you want in that regard.

so one game, and the umpteenth broken promise eh?
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#8Amazing AmpharosPosted 4/25/2013 2:15:59 AM
In other words, you assume they're lying and pre-emptively accuse them of inaction because of it. If you don't care what they have to say, why bother listening at all? Obviously any possible response they could give would dissatisfy you.
#9stekim40Posted 4/25/2013 2:31:50 AM

August is more autumn than summer I'd say.
---
Xyzzy!
#10BuretsuPosted 4/25/2013 2:33:51 AM
In other words, you assume they're lying and pre-emptively accuse them of inaction because of it. If you don't care what they have to say, why bother listening at all? Obviously any possible response they could give would dissatisfy you.

Goon's about as bad a Sony Pony as they could. Nintendo could come up with the cure for cancer, and Goon would pitch a fit that it doesn't also cure AIDS.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit