I hope Nintendo learned

#11DoomsSDPosted 4/25/2013 3:42:04 AM
I personally would have been down with Wii 2-4-U
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#12kyle78Posted 4/25/2013 5:20:07 AM
JazzCard posted...
I hope that Nintendo has finally learned that naming their consoles to be similar to previous platforms is a bad idea and confuses consumers. Oh well, better luck next gen. Still can't wait for the titles that'll be released :D

Most consumers are born to be confused.
---
Game credits roll, and all I see is a whole lot of useless positions and titles. No wonder why they cost what they do.
#13GambitAcePosted 4/25/2013 5:23:51 AM
Right, they should've called it Wii-ii
---
how do you turn this on?
#14FayeLadyPosted 4/25/2013 5:25:10 AM
Trancer Hunter posted...
EternalDivide posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I own a Wii U, and even I can admit that it is probably the most ridiculously stupid name for a console to date.

I second that!

They spend years creating peripherals named Wii this and Wii that. OF COURSE the general public will assume the Wii U is just a add-on. It doesn't help when the advertising is bollocks and does nothing to point out "Hey! This is a new console!" They just show the dumb controller.

This!
I'm sorry but the unknowing people are simply going to think the Wii U is just an add on, and people in the stores really actually have been thinking just that.

Even that isnt a problem, till they hear the price of it. Then you tell them its a full console and they're mad it will take another HDMI port.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#15Xtreme-VoidPosted 4/25/2013 5:38:44 AM
Wares for Immatures and Infants

I think people can easily misinterpret Wii
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#16JazzCard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:49:55 PM
I'm not questioning Nintendo fans knowing that Wii U is a new console. Any Nintendo fan, such as myself, would research into any new looking thing related to Nintendo products. A large consumer base for Nintendo products are parents and families with younger kids who don't know any better.
---
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!
#17TalentedMPosted 4/26/2013 11:56:58 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
Wares for Immatures and Infants

Oddly this is the phrase I think whenever I hop on Xbox Live and try to play a multiplayer game with "people".
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#18BeerOnTapPosted 4/27/2013 12:06:19 AM
Yeah and you think they would have learned when they went from NES to SNES. Sheesh, what a flop those two consoles were.

Be gone, troll.
#19sunK1DPosted 4/27/2013 12:22:57 AM
BeerOnTap posted...
Yeah and you think they would have learned when they went from NES to SNES. Sheesh, what a flop those two consoles were.

Be gone, troll.

Different times drone.
#20JazzCard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 12:41:02 AM
BeerOnTap posted...

Be gone, troll.

At least Nintendo Entertainment System to Super Nintendo Entertainment System makes more sense of an upgrade than Wii to Wii U.

I'm not trying to troll. Nice try though.
---
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!