Ok, even I'm angry about this E3 mess.

#1Lord_KagatoPosted 4/25/2013 7:21:34 AM
Sure, Nintendo is still going to be at E3, but for the last few years, I have hosted a massive E3 Live skype call where me, friends, youtube subscribers, and others all just watch E3 live and get hype over everything. Now I can't do that, at least for the Nintendo crowd.

I have openly defended Nintendo a lot around here, as many of you have probably seen, but this is one time I have no choice to be upset with them. It's like your parents saying you're going to an amusement park this weekend when you're 10 years old only for them to change their mind and take you to a local city-sponsored parade instead that just has 10 floats dedicated to firemen, policemen, and bankers.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Persona 3 FES
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 4/25/2013 7:22:41 AM
What was the point of the "Ok, " in the topic title?
#3trenkenPosted 4/25/2013 7:23:42 AM
They arent having the conference for a very good reason. Would you want to announce a bunch of standard issue sequels, against 2 companies that are releasing new systems, and then have every one on earth talking about how you lost E3?

I actually think it was a smart move. Rather than get shown up, do things on their own time.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#4Lord_Kagato(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:24:13 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
What was the point of the "Ok, " in the topic title?

The point is about a strong as your need to bring it up.
---
#5AstralFrostPosted 4/25/2013 7:24:42 AM
trenken posted...
They arent having the conference for a very good reason. Would you want to announce a bunch of standard issue sequels, against 2 companies that are releasing new systems, and then have every one on earth talking about how you lost E3?

I actually think it was a smart move. Rather than get shown up, do things on their own time.

Everyone is still going to be talking about how Nintendo lost E3, only now we're given a headstart.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#6Lord_Kagato(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:25:29 AM
trenken posted...

Seems the anti-nintendo trolls got their thanksgiving feast from this announcement. Well there's a nice little button for that.
---
#7trenkenPosted 4/25/2013 7:26:30 AM
Lord_Kagato posted...
trenken posted...

Seems the anti-nintendo trolls got their thanksgiving feast from this announcement. Well there's a nice little button for that.

This guy doesnt realize I own a U. lol
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 4/25/2013 7:26:42 AM
It's a bummer, but there will still be plenty of news out of Nintendo. I will miss seeing Reggie demo Wii Fit U on stage though. :(
#9snae99Posted 4/25/2013 7:26:52 AM
E3's are always so hyped up but end up extremely disappointing. Last years E3 was horrible for everyone except Ubisoft. Nintendo Directs are much better anyway.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#10Crazy AxelPosted 4/25/2013 7:27:41 AM
Lord_Kagato posted...
Sure, Nintendo is still going to be at E3, but for the last few years, I have hosted a massive E3 Live skype call where me, friends, youtube subscribers, and others all just watch E3 live and get hype over everything. Now I can't do that, at least for the Nintendo crowd.

I have openly defended Nintendo a lot around here, as many of you have probably seen, but this is one time I have no choice to be upset with them. It's like your parents saying you're going to an amusement park this weekend when you're 10 years old only for them to change their mind and take you to a local city-sponsored parade instead that just has 10 floats dedicated to firemen, policemen, and bankers.

Well, for Nintendo, I'm very worried. I was highly anticipating Mario on Wii U and a new Zelda. Just a form of an announcement. It might still show up on their smaller conferences, but Nintendo Direct isn't what I want. Or the fans for that matter. It's everyone getting together and watching the event. If you're a Nintendo fan, everyone should be upset. Stop saying Nintendo Direct is all you need. If stocks are any representation Nintendo needs to be a dominate force at E3.
---
"Oh good, my slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that." - GlaDOS