Ok, even I'm angry about this E3 mess.

#21Hirokey123Posted 4/25/2013 7:40:11 AM
It's more like Nintendo is finally responding to the thousands of people who have been sitting there saying "we want games show us gaves move on with this application and stockholder tech demo so we can see games'. It's not they have nothing to show there just isn't a reason to do a big demonstration for it. As they said there are much better ways to get information out now and since this year will be all software focus there isn't anything to show requiring a giant conference. Hell last year I looked more forward to the nintendo direct that came after than their conference.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#22cavebear56Posted 4/25/2013 7:41:39 AM
Lord_Kagato posted...
Sure, Nintendo is still going to be at E3, but for the last few years, I have hosted a massive E3 Live skype call where me, friends, youtube subscribers, and others all just watch E3 live and get hype over everything. Now I can't do that, at least for the Nintendo crowd.

I have openly defended Nintendo a lot around here, as many of you have probably seen, but this is one time I have no choice to be upset with them. It's like your parents saying you're going to an amusement park this weekend when you're 10 years old only for them to change their mind and take you to a local city-sponsored parade instead that just has 10 floats dedicated to firemen, policemen, and bankers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u0EL_u4nvw&feature=player_detailpage#t=13s

Now move on with your life.

Just like if your parents changed their minds and took you to that city-sponsored parade. Like a 10 year old, throw your initial tantrum, cross those little guy arms, "harrumph" for the day and then quickly forget about it as you did then (unless you tend to be one of the emotionally repressed).

I just hope nobody ever steps on the toes of most of the people on this board accidentally as that would probably translate to needing a call for the toe stepper to spend life in prison the way they over react.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#23Banjo2553Posted 4/25/2013 7:42:39 AM
trenken posted...
The other thing too is going to E3 is not cheap. I hear it costs somewhere around 5mil. Nintendo isnt in great financial shape right now so that also could play a part in it. Could you imagine trying to organize a 2 hour long kickass conference? Its expensive.

Yeah. They're going to have multiple ones each focused on different sets of people instead. One for gamers, one for developers, one for press.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#24SolnotPosted 4/25/2013 7:44:08 AM
Ok.
#25Crazy AxelPosted 4/25/2013 7:45:23 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
trenken posted...
The other thing too is going to E3 is not cheap. I hear it costs somewhere around 5mil. Nintendo isnt in great financial shape right now so that also could play a part in it. Could you imagine trying to organize a 2 hour long kickass conference? Its expensive.

Yeah. They're going to have multiple ones each focused on different sets of people instead. One for gamers, one for developers, one for press.

I get why it's done this way, and I get why they're doing it. But it's just not good for stocks and or investors to hear this. Try to make it good news all you want. Still is just not a good sign, at all.
---
"Oh good, my slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that." - GlaDOS