This board before yesterday: Just wait until E3!!! It'll blow you away!

#131GoombaXPosted 4/26/2013 7:41:50 PM
lets hit 150 fellas
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#132ShankspearePosted 4/26/2013 7:43:12 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Hate it or love it, TC is spot on. All the E3 bashing wasn't there until this announcement. A fine display of cognitive dissonance.

One would think some of the fanboys would realize this and be a bit more subtle with their damage control.

The door swings both ways here.
#133sonic777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 10:23:17 AM
DTY3=Owned

I think that's the point of this topic now.

:/
---
squatch22 = defeated
#134sonicsonicPosted 4/27/2013 10:43:14 AM
But... one of the main reasons why people said look forward too E3 is because of the playable games that will be featured like Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Yoshi, WWHD and possibly X.

This is still true.

E3 was basically used as a placeholder by fans. It is an event where a lot of games are announced. Nintendo's absence having a big conference just means these games will be announce another time. Probably on a Nintendo Direct a couple of days before E3.
#135squatch22Posted 4/27/2013 11:06:22 AM
sonic777 posted...
Oh, I'm sorry, but the second definition is now an official definition. Look on any dictionary's website and be amazed; Merriam Webster added that 2nd definition in 2011 due to the misuse. Too damn bad for you.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

What 2nd definition?

The one where they add ''Since some people take sense 2 to be the opposite of sense 1, it has been frequently criticized as a misuse. Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary.''

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyperbole

So just exaggerating, talking crap basically.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#136sonic777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 11:19:18 AM
Very good, squatch!

You can click on links!

Now, go and click on the 3rd link in what you quoted.

Here, I'll do it for you.

Merriam-Webster caves in: “literally” now means “figuratively”

September 27, 2011 at 12:13 pm ·

Source: merriam-webster.com

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary’s definition for “literally” now includes a note on the ‘incorrect’ usage of the word:

2. : in effect : virtually

Since some people take sense 2 to be the opposite of sense 1, it has been frequently criticized as a misuse. Instead, the use is pure hyperbole intended to gain emphasis, but it often appears in contexts where no additional emphasis is necessary.

I know people who will literally start foaming at the mouth (hah) when people confuse the word “literally” with “figuratively”. However, this is English, and common usage dictates dictionary definitions – even if common usage is ‘wrong’.

Since you like to complain about not reading titles, I put in boldface the title JUST for you!
---
squatch22 = defeated
#137Purging_FlamePosted 4/27/2013 11:25:30 AM
Lol online dictionaries.

Oxford English Dictionary for life.
---
Failing at life this hard should be a ToS violation. - TennCaseys Encore
if you have standards it just lowers the amount of stuff you can enjoy. - yusiko
#138PippythePoopPosted 4/30/2013 6:05:54 AM
Holy crap.

I don't check out any news on what Nintendo is up to for a month or so and then I stumble across this today!

No Nintendo at E3? I knew the Wii U was in trouble, but this is really unexpected. And so, so bad for fans of the company and the system whether they want to admit it or not. The Nintendo Marketing Machine always has something to say, even when it is usually just a bunch of hot air. And come on, it usually is just a bunch of hot air anyway.

But this?!? Wow. They must be way behind in development for their first party games.
---
"Sig Wipes"....the easiest way to get 100's of messages modded at once! Woo-Hoo!
#139sonic777(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 8:47:30 AM
DTY = owned

:-)
---
squatch22 = defeated
#140Sailor GoonPosted 4/30/2013 8:51:34 AM
sonic777 posted...
DTY = owned

:-)

No one cares. Stop bumping this topic of mass stupidity
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ