Nintendo not doing E3 press forces Adam Sessler to make an emergency video

#11zender1999Posted 4/25/2013 5:10:51 PM
how did consoles and games survive when a few years ago there was no e3? why didnt the world end?
how can apple do it without e3?
#12mahgah91Posted 4/25/2013 5:11:04 PM
Giygasminion posted...
Adam Sessler is almost as big of a joke as Pachter. Why does the press insist on making everything a macho contest?

Nintendo's been slammed the past couple of E3s. They've also found a great way to communicate their games' messages throughout the year with Nintendo Direct. The executives clearly decided that it was time to switch focus.

Also, anybody saying the information won't reach the mainstream audience because of this information is fooling themselves. We live in an information age-- Nintendo Direct information is plastered on Facebook, Twitter, IGN, Gametrailers, etc. Everybody heard about Link to the Past 2 last week.

What Adam said is spot on. Microsoft and Sony's got a ton of buzz and a lot to reveal about their new consoles, Nintendo at best can just announce games. Rather than compete directly with Microsoft and Sony for the spotlight, it's a smarter move for Nintendo to step out of that arena entirely and try to make a passive but constant presence at E3. It may or may not work but it's a safer bet than trying to make any lasting media presence on the stage with Microsoft and Sony.

Almost nothing you said is relevant to what Adam said.
#13MegaWinFTWPosted 4/25/2013 5:11:18 PM
Don't like what someone is saying? Call them irrelevant and attack them on a personal level, sure beats responding to their points and offering rebuttals, that would just be stupid.
#14JahkeemyorkPosted 4/25/2013 5:11:18 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
People on this forum don't want to hear the truth namely that

This so hard, it's true Nintendo not having a full scale E3 conference is a pretty big mistake. It makes sense for Nintendo to be worried that most of the attention will be going towards the new consoles..cause they will. But to not announce huge games at a Press Conference and to instead hold smaller conferences is going make people who look at E3 not even think about Nintendo. Especially if they have nothing streamed on Major websites.

Nintendo can still come around from this for the Wii U if they have at least ONE fully advertised streaming conference when showing off the games. But if it's not then...it's gonna be a bit harder to pull the Wii U outside of the slump its in.
#15Faceman_Posted 4/25/2013 5:12:29 PM
I remember back when he was hilarious. Now, he's just sad and trying to get attention. He is dead to gaming and can't move on from it... Morgan Webb doesn't seem to care.
#16sonicsonicPosted 4/25/2013 5:14:48 PM
I'm not sure how you may have really got the Nintendo Direct concurrent viewing figures. Considering they have three different videos depending on your region. So even if you noticed the figures for your own then you'd unlikely have the other two videos open.

The Pokemon Nintendo Direct hit 500K and the last WiiU one hitting 350K after whatever time it was.

I understand that the big conferences get a lot of press, but I think some people are really overestimating E3 and how steadily it is becoming obsolete.
#17ImGanondorfLolPosted 4/25/2013 5:15:30 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Sessler has been anti nintendo for ages, so I expect him to be biased against them. His opinion also doesn't matter.

I've been watching his videos on youtube lately, he's not bad. He's not anti-Nintendo, he's just critical of things he cares about. I've watched some of his reviews and he gave a lot of 3/5 and 2/5 scores for notable non-Nintendo games, and he gave a lot of praise for the Wii U's gamepad and the recently announced 3DS games.
#18YamiYugi4400Posted 4/25/2013 5:16:27 PM
If he made a praising Nintendo everyone would be loving it, it's like jim sterling and ign
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#19sonicboom510Posted 4/25/2013 5:16:57 PM
Suddenly, Adam Sessler is irrelevant.

I know it's just his opinion and insights, but come on Wii U board...
#20mjc0961Posted 4/25/2013 5:19:41 PM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...
nintendo direct is good, but all it does is gives the news to hardcore fans

Same thing with E3. "Casual" fans don't watch E3 either, they get the news from news sites reporting on it later (assuming they even check those, which they probably don't). You need plain ol' advertising for that, and that is something Nintendo has certainly been dropping the ball on recently (which Iwata has admitted during that recent investor thing).

As for people who aren't fans of Nintendo not watching Nintendo Direct... So? It wouldn't matter what Nintendo did, those people would still find an excuse to hate Nintendo for what they're doing because that is what they do: just hate hate hate on Nintendo. Nintendo could do everything the haters say they want when they're bashing Nintendo and they still wouldn't buy a Wii U or 3DS because they are haters. Example, if Nintendo changed their mind and had a big E3 conference this year, the haters would not be happy with it, they would just retreat from "Nintendo knows they are doomed" back to "lol Nintendo is so doomed they are going to lose E3".

So, oh no, only Nintendo fans, who are the only ones who genuinely care about what Nintendo is doing, watch Nintendo Direct. How horrible.

Buretsu posted...
Will he make a video explaining how we're supposed to think he's still relevant?

SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Sessler has been anti nintendo for ages, so I expect him to be biased against them. His opinion also doesn't matter.

Also, these. Sessler is a well-known Nintendo hater. As far as I'm concerned, his video is just another generic Nintendo-hater video like all the others that have cropped up after this announcement, and the only thing that makes his stand out above the others is that we all go "Hey, he's that irrelevant game reviewer who can't even beat the games he reviews, having to have someone help him beat God of War before giving a review crying about the Bros Before Hoes trophy. Why do people still pay attention to him?"
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.