So can we trade game saves now?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So can we trade game saves now?

User Info: NeoN1976

NeoN1976
3 years ago#1
does this new update allow us to trade gamesaves?

User Info: jaymart_2k

jaymart_2k
3 years ago#2
Like transferring data from one USB device to another? Then Yes
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart (Gamefaqs) Marked Trolling for talking positive of Wii U

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
3 years ago#3
Online games?
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!

User Info: tgbyhnaa

tgbyhnaa
3 years ago#4
Can we now transfer game saves from one Wii U to another using a USB? And can we download gamesaves from the internet and put them on a USB and transfer them to a Wii U??

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
3 years ago#5
I just tried it. And yes you can copy save files now. But I doubt that you can copy online save files to another Wii U.

User Info: NeoN1976

NeoN1976
3 years ago#6
hellzz yeeahh!!!

Nikra
3 years ago#7
Numbuh100 posted...
Online games?

Of course not.

User Info: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd
3 years ago#8
So it would work if I unlocked stuff in a game then sent the save to my friend in an email and he put it on his wii u?

Or does it have to be USB?
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf

Nikra
3 years ago#9
You can't do anything with the USB save file, other than copy it to another Wii U. The USB flash drive is formatted in a way that it will only Work with another Wii U..A PC will not recognize the USB flash drive.

User Info: AstralShane

AstralShane
3 years ago#10
Nikra posted...
You can't do anything with the USB save file, other than copy it to another Wii U. The USB flash drive is formatted in a way that it will only Work with another Wii U..A PC will not recognize the USB flash drive.

It's only a matter of time. Ex: WBFS Manager, ExFAT Fuse NTFS Fuse, etc.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So can we trade game saves now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived