C/D E3 is a major source of the disappointing video game phenomenon.

#1TheBigHairyDudePosted 4/25/2013 7:08:57 PM
E3 is a massive hype machine that inevitably leads to lots of disappointment.

I feel Nintendo is also going to come out surprising everyone at E3 because what they will show quietly in small software shows will be mind blowing. People will be talking so much about what the hell is wrong with Nintendo and the possibility of a surprise that Sony and M$ will lose some attention.

Worry not. Nintendo is no fool. They know exactly what they are doing. They won last gen and will win this one too.

Trolls, I welcome you to my thread.
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 4/25/2013 7:10:11 PM(edited)
I've been disappointed by everyone's E3 conference the past few years, so C I guess.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/6Bta9nE.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#31shadetail1Posted 4/25/2013 7:11:45 PM
E3 is obsolete. It's not for gamers anymore, it's for the press and the investors. And game companies don't need it to talk to us anymore anyway. Nintendo Direct is proof of that.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4Enigma149Posted 4/25/2013 7:12:28 PM
I say C.

I haven't been disappointed by every E3 - Nintendo had a good one in 2010, and Sony's in 2009 was nice, but outside of that...
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#5cmdrdreddPosted 4/25/2013 7:14:44 PM
Here's the thing. The people who know Nintendo won't have a big keynote speech at E3 get that info from sites on the internet. Those same sites will be at E3 and report on the stuff Nintendo shows off. The new games in playable form to be specific. We already know Mario Kart and Smash Bros will be playable. So the people who say "oh but nintendo won't be there and talking about the games" will hop onto IGN or Game Informer or Shack News and what do you know...a gameplay video of Smash Bros and Mario Kart and tons of pictures and info. wow...
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/25/2013 7:15:26 PM
Yes we know. Everybody hates E3 now because Nintendo decided to scale back (out of fear?) their presence.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#7art_of_the_killPosted 4/25/2013 7:16:34 PM
Could this reassurance be any more blatant?
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#8Enigma149Posted 4/25/2013 7:19:01 PM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Yes we know. Everybody hates E3 now because Nintendo decided to scale back (out of fear?) their presence.

So, for the record, you would disagree with the following statement:

"The massive hype that inevidebly builds up before every E3 only leads to disappointement as gamers, expecting an 80 minute conference of trailers, release dates, and live demos instead get 20 minutes of this and a full hour of sales information, pandering to casuals, and bragging about how every company is going to become 'the future of the living room.'"

art_of_the_kill posted...
Could this reassurance be any more blatant?

Yes. It could not make a good point.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#9cmdrdreddPosted 4/25/2013 7:18:54 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
E3 is obsolete. It's not for gamers anymore, it's for the press and the investors. And game companies don't need it to talk to us anymore anyway. Nintendo Direct is proof of that.

So true...so very true.

The real way to get gamers interested is to sit down and talk to us. Tell us what you're doing on a personal level. Show us the new game ideas. I think the PS4's live streaming will be a huge boost for this. Indie developers will be able to stream live gameplay to the viewers. Nintendo started it off with the Nintendo Direct presentations. Sony already gave us the PS4 reveal separately, Microsoft is using their own conference on May 21 to detail the new Xbox. E3 is obsolete...so true.

What we had before with E3 conferences and keynotes was a bunch of suits talking about sales and software sales and such. Then some videos of games that might not even be in real time and almost never live game play. They will show you a game that you won't see for over a year. It's useless. The real show is out on the floor in the booths playing the demos. Some of them still won't be out for a year but at least you see a playable form.

In Nintendo's case a couple of the games at this year's E3 booth will be releasing before next year's e3. Most of the stuff Sony and Microsoft show won't be able to say that I don't think.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#10mini_blightPosted 4/25/2013 7:36:38 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Nobody hates it, Nice_Strawmanfan. It's been boring for years. Since the game industry is in major decline, it is becoming clear that E3 is no longer beneficial to videogames.