C/D E3 is a major source of the disappointing video game phenomenon.

#11JobocanPosted 4/25/2013 8:39:01 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
E3 is obsolete. It's not for gamers anymore, it's for the press and the investors.

E3 has ALWAYS been a press event. The purpose has literally always been to show the press and investors what they have coming up.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#12Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/25/2013 9:17:40 PM
Nobody hates it, Nice_Strawmanfan. It's been boring for years. Since the game industry is in major decline, it is becoming clear that E3 is no longer beneficial to videogames.

Yes I'm sure that had nintendo been doing a big press conference you would feel the same exact way about E3
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#13nonexistingheroPosted 4/25/2013 11:12:10 PM
E3 quit being impressive the year they decided to scale it down. Even when they went back to the old format again it wasn't as good as before. Especially recent years have been very disappointing, with the total lack of surprises. Outside of a select few games, every single game is already leaked or shown or announced before E3.

I miss the days when E3 was THE event for a ton of completely new, unannounced games.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#14TalentedMPosted 4/25/2013 11:30:08 PM
C

I have felt this way the past few years now that social media is very large in getting viral information to the masses in literally seconds through tweets, posts and email alerts or even youtube videos being posted or reposted by others.

Thats a cheaper and easier way to get information to the mass populace, at least the information that isn't number crunching and assuring investors that what they are doing is best.

As a normal gamer I can see them just transforming this into an information frenzy, more media reporting what they played/seen in the time they were there on the fly over the internet and without a fireworks show orchistrated out and a bunch of game trailers.

If anything the past E3s made it so I just don't care to watch them. Though I do feel differently when they have new hardware... hardware seems like a thing that needs to be talked about in a conference, not games.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#15DiscostewSMPosted 4/25/2013 11:34:32 PM
C. Look back between 2000 and 2005, and compare that to the E3s we get now, and you'll see it has been declining on all fronts. "People" want to say as much negativity as they can because Nintendo isn't going to follow standard procedure, but sometimes the road to better things starts with someone taking the road less traveled.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#16CaiusIcePosted 4/25/2013 11:37:14 PM
Days ago I never red anyone here talk **** about E3 and all I red is how everyone is excited for the event. Now it seems like E3 suddenly doesn't matter anymore.
#17nonexistingheroPosted 4/26/2013 3:52:14 AM
E3 2012 was the last chance they had to make it matter. But they made it much worse... like I said, the thing I loved about E3 were the surprises. These days almost everything is known and shown before the press conferences. Watching it used to be exciting, but now it's just "oh great, more sales talk", "yes, finally a game! Man, lame... they've shown that trailer weeks ago.", "random famous person? I don't give a damn, show me some new games". Then the press conference ends and all that's left is disappointment.

Remember Nintendo's big finisher from... 2012? Was it? Nintendoland fireworks?! And really, Sony and MS didn't do any better. In recent years it's always been a publisher that stole the show. Last year, it was Ubisoft that blew everyone away.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#18Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/26/2013 4:05:06 AM
I'm excited for E3, of course I am, and even if Nintendo doesn't have the presence it did before, they'll still be there, and there'll be all this info on games from them and other companies.

But lets be honest, the big conferences have been nothing short of downright embarassing to watch. From the Kinectimals and Sesame Street Fiasco to Skyward Nosword Gameplay and $599 IT'S RIIIIDGE RACER E3 does nothing but make people question their sanity while spawning a years worth of reaction images and memes.

Last years E3 was won by Ubisoft... UBISOFT OF ALL COMPANIES. Sony has already revealed the PS4, and Microsoft intend to reveal Infinity in May. What, exactly, is going to be the point of this E3?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#19arvilinoPosted 4/26/2013 4:09:28 AM(edited)
CaiusIce posted...
Days ago I never red anyone here talk **** about E3 and all I red is how everyone is excited for the event. Now it seems like E3 suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

I think the thing here is that they aren't excited for the event itself, they are excited for the game reveals, which normally happen at E3 but are going to happen regardless of the conference or not.

You only have to look at topics around June(2012,2011,2010,etc.), during and slightly after E3 to see what people dislike and actually think about E3.