Wii U won't STAY connected to wifi

#1ScottFalcoPosted 4/25/2013 7:20:36 PM
So I can connect to the internet, and I can KIND of use it. But it just randomly chooses to not be connected, or be unable to find a wifi network.

I already tried manually changing my IP address and adding 10 to the last one.
(In this scenario the last digits are .66, so itd be 76..?)

And I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

But it still just keeps losing connection randomly.
Like ill be using internet browser, and itll load a page flawlessly, then I click a link and im "not connected" anymore, then hit refresh and the page half-loads or something.

Any way to fix? Im trying to download the update but it keeps choosing to not be connected
---
"This moustache is ALL luigi!!" -Luigi, SPM
#2GamerguymassPosted 4/25/2013 7:25:09 PM
Are you sure its not your internet connection? I have had this happen to me before when using my computer from wifi. Sometimes it just decides to give out. If you are using wifi do you have a 'main' computer that is set up with the whole connection and maybe a network? You might need to allow the Wii U to be on that network from that computer. It might think its an intruder or something.
#3NeoMonkPosted 4/25/2013 7:27:47 PM
I just hope you dont have this issue with the new Xbox 720 Rango Dynamo w/e the hell it's called...
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com
#4cmdrdreddPosted 4/25/2013 7:30:51 PM
Make sure you select the correct security type and set your router to mixed mode.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#5NikraPosted 4/25/2013 7:33:16 PM
I'll bet that it's not your Wii U, but the router that's the problem.
#6Nintendont124Posted 4/25/2013 7:44:18 PM
It's the Wii U. I have this problem from time to time on Black Ops 2. It's not my network because my computer and other consoles have no issues.
#7ScottFalco(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:44:48 PM
Its not the wii U cuz my ps3 works fine with wifi
---
"This moustache is ALL luigi!!" -Luigi, SPM