Wii U won't STAY connected to wifi

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U won't STAY connected to wifi

User Info: ScottFalco

ScottFalco
3 years ago#1
So I can connect to the internet, and I can KIND of use it. But it just randomly chooses to not be connected, or be unable to find a wifi network.

I already tried manually changing my IP address and adding 10 to the last one.
(In this scenario the last digits are .66, so itd be 76..?)

And I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

But it still just keeps losing connection randomly.
Like ill be using internet browser, and itll load a page flawlessly, then I click a link and im "not connected" anymore, then hit refresh and the page half-loads or something.

Any way to fix? Im trying to download the update but it keeps choosing to not be connected
"This moustache is ALL luigi!!" -Luigi, SPM

User Info: Gamerguymass

Gamerguymass
3 years ago#2
Are you sure its not your internet connection? I have had this happen to me before when using my computer from wifi. Sometimes it just decides to give out. If you are using wifi do you have a 'main' computer that is set up with the whole connection and maybe a network? You might need to allow the Wii U to be on that network from that computer. It might think its an intruder or something.

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
3 years ago#3
I just hope you dont have this issue with the new Xbox 720 Rango Dynamo w/e the hell it's called...
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at WiiUdoesntcureCANCERsoitFAILS.com

User Info: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd
3 years ago#4
Make sure you select the correct security type and set your router to mixed mode.
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
3 years ago#5
I'll bet that it's not your Wii U, but the router that's the problem.

User Info: Nintendont124

Nintendont124
3 years ago#6
It's the Wii U. I have this problem from time to time on Black Ops 2. It's not my network because my computer and other consoles have no issues.

User Info: ScottFalco

ScottFalco
3 years ago#7
Its not the wii U cuz my ps3 works fine with wifi
"This moustache is ALL luigi!!" -Luigi, SPM
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U won't STAY connected to wifi

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived