New update bricked my Wii U...

#1NoGood56erPosted 4/25/2013 7:52:54 PM
Just a warning out there. My Wii U is essentially bricked now. It un-synced my gamepad from my Wii U when it got to the point where it needs to be restarted.

My Wii U gamepad had problems turning the system on when I first got it, the problem seemed to work itself out, but now it seems like it's back in full force.

I got to the point in the update where it said I had to restart the system, so I did, and the system restarted, but not the gamepad. When I hit the power button on the gamepad, the screen flashes with the update progress, and then error code 165-3000 pops up on my gamepad, and another error code pops up on the tv screen. I restart the Wii U, and it happens all over again... Only now it doesn't even flash with whats on the tv screen anymore. Just blackness and error codes...

Off to Nintendo it goes... and I just bought injustice today too. Lame.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#2cmdrdreddPosted 4/25/2013 7:54:22 PM
The update didn't break it, your controller wasn't working right from the start. The fact that you thought it "fixed itself" doesn't mean anything in this case.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#3NeoMonkPosted 4/25/2013 7:55:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4elbarto1Posted 4/25/2013 7:55:59 PM
I'll be sure to turn mine off with the gamepad.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: bionichrist :NNID: The_B0DY
#5sonic777Posted 4/25/2013 7:56:31 PM
inb4peoplecallyouatrollandbadattechnologybecauseNintendonevermakesmistakes

And also, you're a troll. Nintendo stuff doesn't break. You just weren't using it correctly, and you deserve to have a broken thing. Nintendon't owe you a DAMN thing.
---
squatch22 = defeated
#6vidalmorazaPosted 4/25/2013 7:57:39 PM
My gamepad also un-synced at the end of the update, it even showed an error, but the console restarted itself and updated again just that part (took like 2 minutes)
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#7Final Fantasy2389Posted 4/25/2013 7:57:55 PM
Contact Nintendo tomorrow.

Mine gave me an error code (not sure if it was on the tv), it restarted and picked up where it left off. I think it was the gamepad update that error'd. But it's all working fine for me now.
---
New sig pending...
#8DTY3Posted 4/25/2013 7:58:08 PM
Care to post a pic?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#9NoGood56er(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:58:19 PM
Wow.... The hostility on the Wii u board is insane. I was just letting people know its a possibility.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#10NamcoMuseum2Posted 4/25/2013 7:59:30 PM
sonic777 posted...
inb4peoplecallyouatrollandbadattechnologybecauseNintendonevermakesmistakes

And also, you're a troll. Nintendo stuff doesn't break. You just weren't using it correctly, and you deserve to have a broken thing. Nintendon't owe you a DAMN thing.

Oh no! You're going to make the Nintendo Defense Force cry! D:>
---
RobJ23 (the ultimate Nintendo apologist) = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg