Nintendo's E3 does mean something good, not the opposite.

#1excitebike64Posted 4/25/2013 9:36:58 PM
It shows that Nintendo is more confident putting the games in the hands of the press without any real over the top prepping. The games will basically speak for themselves, where as MS and Sony will do more spin to whatever they do.

Lets also not forget (at least for Sony) they still have to hype the PS3 during their segment for games like Gran Turismo 6. And it seems like a good half of the games this year will be cross-gen. That's a near impossible sell for next gen, and could mean wasting time than doing anything useful in the long run.

(Point being Sony and MS will mostly have a lot of hot air this year.)

And seriously, what are Nintendo's main gaming devices? A conference might have seemed less wise considering both devices are hard to relate to without actually playing first hand.

3DS, 3D.
WiiU, games like Game and Wario seem best observed first hand, not put on a stage.

Personally, I do like conferences. But Nintendo seems to really wish to change, and hopefully it is for the better.
#2Schwepps01Posted 4/25/2013 9:40:43 PM
The only thing it shows is that there is zero third party support. Why else would they disconnect themselves from a gaming convention that has so many key developers? I mean if they don't open up to any other developers, they might as well not even show up.
#3miethaPosted 4/25/2013 9:44:03 PM
Nice delusion there mr "excitebike64", but they only thing is shows is that they don't feel they have enough to show to merit a press conference, or that they don't take the US market seriously. Either way, it's just more water taken on-board a sinking ship. Personally, I would like to see the Wii U do ok, at least. This is NOT the way to go about that.
#4sonic777Posted 4/25/2013 9:46:05 PM
My reaction:

o_O

Stay off drugs, TC.
---
squatch22 = defeated
#5mistergrownmanPosted 4/25/2013 9:47:37 PM
Wow .....

what a delusional take on things that was. You fanboy is showing in full force. Okay since we are speculating...

I say that they know that may not even have enough to show to merit a conference. So go ahead and watch your Nintendo Directs and keep living in your bubble.
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 4/25/2013 9:49:16 PM
mistergrownman posted...
Wow .....

what a delusional take on things that was. You fanboy is showing in full force. Okay since we are speculating...

I say that they know that may not even have enough to show to merit a conference. So go ahead and watch your Nintendo Directs and keep living in your bubble.

It's just an opinion. How is he being even remotely "delusional"?
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#7spacejamjordanzPosted 4/25/2013 9:51:46 PM
*facepalm.

*walks out of topic
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#8ZenckroPosted 4/25/2013 9:51:55 PM
mietha posted...
Nice delusion there mr "excitebike64", but they only thing is shows is that they don't feel they have enough to show to merit a press conference, or that they don't take the US market seriously. Either way, it's just more water taken on-board a sinking ship. Personally, I would like to see the Wii U do ok, at least. This is NOT the way to go about that.

Have to disagree with this. If you look at past E3 showings it's been 1/4 of data, graphs and bs 1/2 showing 3-4 games and the last quarter showing 2 or 3 3rd party games.

You mean to tell me Nintendo can't do that with multiple showings? Of course they can when they reveal so much in the past Nintendo Direct videos.
#9cmincPosted 4/25/2013 10:04:42 PM
I'm a +9 nintendo fanboy and you guys are embarrassing me.

There's no way in hell pulling out of the largest, most celebrated gaming expo in the world and thereby leaving center stage to sony and ms is a good idea. Especially with all the media that HAS to be there to cover everything big.

This was nintendo chance to right the ship and get people on board and they've pretty much just proven that they have no market strategy, no long term release schedule and next to no third party support, whatsoever. They;ve had two years, and they still have nothing worth talking about. Stop defending it.

It doesnt matter if theyre going if there's no rockstar presentation. They, NINTENDO, will be at e3 in the same capacity as a kid who makes iphone games in his spare time...and you're defending it. Theyre pinning their hopes to what amounts to be a youtube video that no one but us and our ilk will even know exists. That's not how you sell consoles to people that think the wiiu is very expensive, and wholly unnecessary, wii attachment. That's how you guarantee we have nothing to play buy one or two nintendo made games a year.
---
---
#10mistergrownmanPosted 4/25/2013 10:07:05 PM
cminc posted...
I'm a +9 nintendo fanboy and you guys are embarrassing me.

There's no way in hell pulling out of the largest, most celebrated gaming expo in the world and thereby leaving center stage to sony and ms is a good idea. Especially with all the media that HAS to be there to cover everything big.

This was nintendo chance to right the ship and get people on board and they've pretty much just proven that they have no market strategy, no long term release schedule and next to no third party support, whatsoever. They;ve had two years, and they still have nothing worth talking about. Stop defending it.

It doesnt matter if theyre going if there's no rockstar presentation. They, NINTENDO, will be at e3 in the same capacity as a kid who makes iphone games in his spare time...and you're defending it. Theyre pinning their hopes to what amounts to be a youtube video that no one but us and our ilk will even know exists. That's not how you sell consoles to people that think the wiiu is very expensive, and wholly unnecessary, wii attachment. That's how you guarantee we have nothing to play buy one or two nintendo made games a year.

You win!
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.