Nintendo's E3 does mean something good, not the opposite.

#31DemonDog666Posted 4/26/2013 8:00:28 AM
Zenckro posted...
We just have to wait and see though.

Remember the Vita? Better hardware, two analog sticks, Nintendo is finished and yeah it never happened.

They turned it around in a year and they could do the same for the Wii U.

Sony did it too with how badly they were doing for 2 years.

All bets are off when a company does a 1/3 price drop less then 6 months after launch sorry.
#32rudgerlightPosted 4/26/2013 8:12:26 AM
Honestly, E3 has been struggling to maintain its relevance for years. Every few years the conversation happens, "should E3 change?" I like that Nintendo is taking a step and saying they want to actively change how they present their products. Everybody putting them down or saying it's a bad decision is completely jumping the gun. We have no idea what Nintendo is actually going to do! All we know is there won't be a stage show. That's it.

The desperation of some people to spin every little bit of Wii U news as terrible is getting tiring (plus it's getting harder to tell when people are just trolling or legitimately don't understand why this isn't a big deal). There was tons of terrible news for trolls to latch onto this week, so I have no idea why the E3 news became one of the bigger things when it was easily one of the smarter decisions Nintendo made recently.
#33bear34Posted 4/26/2013 8:18:02 AM
excitebike64 posted...
Thanks for the real talk. Kinda have to take the rest on the Internet.

But thinking more on my last point, and now thinking about devices like Oculus Rift perhaps coming out one day....

The conference model at E3 may very well be going down in popularity.

Even Sony and now MS are announcing their hardware in their own shows.

The new tech will be much harder to show on stage as the years go by. This challenge combined with the Internet itself may be why Nintendo is doing the smaller direct approach.

Everything else is jumping to conclusions that people already wanted to see, Nintendo spiraling down.

If the games are good - or even great - the journalists will still write about the games. That's the point the optimists are pointing out. You can only have Miyamoto come on stage so many times with a sword or that grin.

And honesty, if bad, the games will still be covered. lol

I do wonder where Reggie can talk about taking names.

About the only thing Nintendo may be missing out on is the audience being excited vs the competition. Typically for Nintendo conferences, the crowd goes wild. I find Sony fans tend to just sit there. MS tends to sit and then occasional shout.

I love watching reaction videos of Nintendo's Conference, especially E3 2004 where they reveal Twilight Princess.
---
3DS vs. Vista
I will have both soon!! :D
#34DemonDog666Posted 4/26/2013 8:20:41 AM
rudgerlight posted...
Honestly, E3 has been struggling to maintain its relevance for years. Every few years the conversation happens, "should E3 change?" I like that Nintendo is taking a step and saying they want to actively change how they present their products. Everybody putting them down or saying it's a bad decision is completely jumping the gun. We have no idea what Nintendo is actually going to do! All we know is there won't be a stage show. That's it.

The desperation of some people to spin every little bit of Wii U news as terrible is getting tiring (plus it's getting harder to tell when people are just trolling or legitimately don't understand why this isn't a big deal). There was tons of terrible news for trolls to latch onto this week, so I have no idea why the E3 news became one of the bigger things when it was easily one of the smarter decisions Nintendo made recently.

They aren't though, they are just saying they don't have enough games for a presentation.
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 4/26/2013 8:23:43 AM
E3 is like campaigning for office in a way. Yeah, it's not technically necessary due to how easy it is to get your message out via internet, but it still matters and still gets you talked about. People could research everything for themselves, but the point is putting on a show to explain why you're the best. And Nintendo is running a really small/lackluster campaign this year.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#36pokemonfreak97Posted 4/26/2013 8:28:27 AM
I do think a conference would be a good idea, but it's not The End Of the World As We Know It (TM) if there's not one. It just means that they're not showing the public the stuff that they're showing investors/retailers/third parties; it doesn't mean they're not having a booth full of games, it doesn't mean that E3 won't be our first chance to see footage from some games (e.g. Super Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8/U); it just means that they aren't droning on in the background when there are two console announcements that more people would watch.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#37cavebear56Posted 4/26/2013 9:03:40 AM
rudgerlight posted...

This.

Times have changed. E3 doesn't carry the weight or importance it once did due to the changes with the internet, media and information. E3 has been for years carrying with an oudated model and with the advantages of the internet at hand (and even special channels on consoles) it needs to catch up with the times.

Sure some people love the showmanship of a big spectacle where it takes more time switching over speakers than it does showing a short clip of a game. These people also enjoy listening to a large chunk of information that has nothing to do with gaming?

I'd prefer smaller conferences more often and/or webisode deals with themes such as..."Social Media Applications and You for the PS4" and "Indepth look into Killzone" (cover brief history, some current how we're doing up to date while showing new screen shots/artwork/gameplay) over one large chunk of information (little of it about games anyways) and whining from the fanbases on the respective forums (Sony fans are terrible when it comes to any announcements).

Then again the trolls on this board have proven once and again they don't like change, or different, or intelligent statements. Which is why the human race as a whole should never be allowed to have nice things...
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#38excitebike64(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 12:44:44 PM
It is for sure double logic for a troll all the time.

They mostly complain Nintendo never changes.

Then any time Nintendo changes, they argue that Nintendo is stupid, failing, or just not listening to their fans.
#39omescythePosted 4/26/2013 1:09:24 PM
why can't nntendo just take what they do in a nintendo direct (talk and show videos of games) and do that as a stage presentation. its like people here don't think nintendos creative or have the content to do such a thing. make a good presentation. its ironic people here go around saying the wii u can turn it self around and get better but you can't do the same for e3. nintendo could try and make things better instead of just giving up.