Do people really think everything is going great?

#1KrazyDago101Posted 4/26/2013 2:53:26 AM
Just jumped on this board and see the plethora of topics that talk of Nintendo's doom being imminent. I want to start of by saying I have owned a console form all major gaming hardware suppliers and love all good GAMES, not game producers, suppliers, developers, etc.The people presenting these arguments have reason to be worried (or ecstatic if you hate Nintendo), but I can't understand the mass amount of people blindly ignoring and debunking any mention of Nintendo's downfall. I don't get it. I mean Nintendo has a spot in my heart, but this ship is going down and only time will tell if Mario and Link can get Peach and Zelda onto a life boat in time. Obviously any ignorant person that is also a Wii U owner is going to cry foul on these naysayers and say "everything is going great". But the facts say otherwise...

Only 3% of developers are developing for the Wii U. To people th1at say all it needs is games, where are those games just going to appear from? There are not enough games in development, nor enough developers keen on the system to add enough games to the Wii U's collection to save the system. First party products are not enough, although essential, to make a system successful. (Please drop the Smash Bros. will save the Wii U argument.)

Nintendo stated that they were considering a future where they did not make consoles. This is a smart decision. They have tried to secure their piece of the market pie for the last several years, and its not working out for them anymore. IMO, they abandoned hardcore gamers and went for the easy money of youngster's parents. Hardcore gamers are essential to a console's success because they require a quality product and standards are thus kept at an acceptable level. This is one of the reasons I think the PS4 will win next gen, but that is neither here nor there.

Bottom line:

Just be aware that you are a fan boy if you don't think Nintendo is in trouble. There is no way a logical person can say without a doubt, or even make an educated guess, that "every thing is going great". I wish them the best, but hope they get their ship together.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Ki_rVNMxo
PSN:KrazyDago
#2Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/26/2013 2:55:20 AM
Nintendo have "been in trouble" ever since the N64.

It doesn't seem to stop them making money or releasing games. As long as they keep doing that, are they really in trouble at all?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#3senelcoolidge_Posted 4/26/2013 2:56:48 AM
ITT: what I say is true! *hmph*
#4Beatperson14Posted 4/26/2013 2:57:43 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...

It doesn't seem to stop them making money or releasing games. As long as they keep doing that, are they really in trouble at all?

Aaaand here's that blind optimism at work
#5BuretsuPosted 4/26/2013 2:58:14 AM
Nintendo is hardly 'in trouble'. They're turning a profit, the 3DS is selling like hotcakes. Yeah, the Wii U sales have been pretty terrible, relatively speaking, but it just needs games to make a turnaround.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 4/26/2013 3:00:26 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...

When the president makes a public apology, and makes a promise that he'll turn a profit this fiscal year or resign, that's not exactly saying "We're not in trouble".
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/26/2013 3:01:31 AM
I can't imagine there's any significant number of people saying that things are going great for Nintendo with the Wii U, but at this rate it's pretty much par for the course, some parts above average, some parts below. It's fairly typical for consoles to drag for a while before they take off.

While it is ridiculous to say the Wii U is doing great, it's even more ridiculous to write off the Wii U as a flop or say that Nintendo is doomed, especially with their existing financial security and the success of the 3DS.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#8squatch22Posted 4/26/2013 3:02:12 AM
KrazyDago101 posted...
Only 3% of developers are developing for the Wii U.

Source?

KrazyDago101 posted...
require a quality product

Ah, ur another that thinks power = quality. Says it all...
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#9thundercat2600Posted 4/26/2013 3:08:49 AM(edited)
Neo_Heartless posted...

They lost money for the first time in 30 years for 2011, and just posted an operating loss of $365 million for fy2012. Wii U is tracking even worse than Gamecube, their previous worst-selling console. In January-March, it sold less than PS3 or 360 have EVER sold in their worst months since launch.

Stop being so dishonest and saying this is business as usual. Nintendo is in by far their worst shape since they started making video games.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#10BuretsuPosted 4/26/2013 3:09:41 AM
KrazyDago101 posted...
Only 3% of developers are developing for the Wii U.

Woah, hold your horses a bit there, champ.

4.6% of Developers were currently working on a Wii U game as of the end of February, and 6.4% of Developers said they were planning on a Wii U game.

XBox 360 had 12% and 13.2%.
PS3 had 13% and 12.4%.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/28/study-says-only-4-6-percent-of-developers-making-wii-u-games-and-2-percent-nintendo-3ds/

While we can certainly agree that is is not good for Nintendo, in its proper context, it's not quite as catastrophic as it seems.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit