what would i need to play xenoblade on a wii u?

#1HolierThanMaoPosted 4/26/2013 6:48:37 AM
did not own a wii, so i don't have a wiimote. was thinking about buying a wii u classic controller, but apparently you can't use that, you need the old one that was specifically for the wii? do i need an SD card for saves, or does it work with the HDD? i remember hearing some f***ed up s*** about the wii mode

so right now i'm looking at 50 for the wii u classic controller and like ~20 for the game
#2NoGood56erPosted 4/26/2013 6:51:25 AM
Go to target. They have a controller that looks like the Wii U Pro controller, but acts as a Wiimote, Wii Classic controller, and Wii U Pro controller.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#3PigfartsPosted 4/26/2013 6:51:27 AM
you need a game, a wii mote, and a nuncheck attachment.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#4noutBrPosted 4/26/2013 6:58:04 AM
To play the game you only need a Wiimote+Nunchuck but some people like me prefer to play the game using the Classic Controller Pro (CCP for wii).

But buying a CCP just for one Wii game is not worth it IMO, the game is perfectly playable without it. In the End game when fighting against the most powerful creatures in the game the wiimote+nunchuck combo may even be more efficient as it makes moving your character around and selecting arts at the same time a LOT easier. The only real advantage a CCP has is better camera controls and a more classic feeling when playing Xenoblade :)

Have fun playing the game, it's without a doubt one of the best RPGs I have ever played and it certainly is my favourite game of the entire (last) generation!
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#5HolierThanMao(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 6:59:46 AM
NoGood56er posted...
Go to target. They have a controller that looks like the Wii U Pro controller, but acts as a Wiimote, Wii Classic controller, and Wii U Pro controller.

third-party? can i get a name? no targets around here and after a quick check of local retailers i found nothing like that

Pigfarts posted...

i kinda want an actual controller, though

am i just boned?
#6OmegaBladesPosted 4/26/2013 7:14:12 AM
If you want to use an actual controller, you need a wiimote and a classic controller pro.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#7NoGood56erPosted 4/26/2013 9:07:34 AM
HolierThanMao posted...
NoGood56er posted...

third-party? can i get a name? no targets around here and after a quick check of local retailers i found nothing like that

Pigfarts posted...

am i just boned?

http://kotaku.com/5969996/what-happens-when-a-snes-controller-is-eaten-by-a-wii-u-controller
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#8ADHDguitarPosted 4/26/2013 9:09:22 AM
Get a wiimote and either A) a nunchuck or B) a CCP
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 4/26/2013 9:10:36 AM
A copy of Xenoblade Chronicles
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#10KaiRyusakiPosted 4/26/2013 9:10:43 AM
NoGood56er posted...
HolierThanMao posted...
NoGood56er posted...

Pigfarts posted...

am i just boned?

http://kotaku.com/5969996/what-happens-when-a-snes-controller-is-eaten-by-a-wii-u-controller

I hear that controller is terrible

probably should get a regular one