Can't download VC titles for discounted price unless System Transfer?

#1TaplampPosted 4/26/2013 8:39:15 AM
Well that's lame. I went to the eShop to grab Super Mario World for a 1.50 since I have it on my Wii and I can't do so unless I transfer my Wii?

I don't like the idea of having to make one of my former consoles truly obsolete. I'm a collector of Consoles, and I don't want to make my Wii a shell of it's former self.

I see the convenience of making your Wii U become 2 systems in one but I like the original Wii. I don't want to transfer it and then put it in a box, never to be used again.

So to those who didn't know that you had to do a system transfer, here's the notice. :( Until they make that blessed account system that we all want, people like me gotta pay full price for a VC title they already own. Which I'm not doing. :/
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#2vidalmorazaPosted 4/26/2013 8:41:13 AM
How on earth you think the Wii U or Nintendo know you own SMW on the Wii?

That is right, system transfer....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#3joshua593210Posted 4/26/2013 8:41:43 AM
How did you expect it to magically know you bought it without a system transfer?
#4Taplamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:44:31 AM
vidalmoraza posted...

Well, all of my VC purchases have an active log on my Club Nintendo account, both systems are linked to my Club Nintendo account. Voila!

The systems both have the information within their reach, that's the logic.
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#5icarus231Posted 4/26/2013 8:47:15 AM
Part of the reason you have to transfer it is the following. Say you sold your wii with all the software on it, then technically you no longer own it someone else does. Why should you get to have it again for a dollar when you made money off selling it?
#6vidalmorazaPosted 4/26/2013 8:48:36 AM
Taplamp posted...
vidalmoraza posted...

Well, all of my VC purchases have an active log on my Club Nintendo account, both systems are linked to my Club Nintendo account. Voila!

You know CN is a system very few countries use right? USA, Japan and some European countries, and thatīs it, there are still dozens of countries with out it, thatīs why is not a used account system for this kind of stuff...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#7Taplamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 8:50:56 AM
vidalmoraza posted...
Taplamp posted...
vidalmoraza posted...

You know CN is a system very few countries use right? USA, Japan and some European countries, and thatīs it, there are still dozens of countries with out it, thatīs why is not a used account system for this kind of stuff...

But since I'm in the country that uses it, it has the capability. That can't be denied.
---
#8STN79Posted 4/26/2013 8:57:15 AM
I'm having the same problem as you TC. My original Wii has over 300 VC games downloaded and i'll be damned if i'm transferring all that. Plus i too don't want my previous system to be an empty husk that can't be used for my old games anymore. I doubt i'll be rebuying any VC games i already got the first time around if i have to pay full price again.
I might make exceptions depending on the game though. Still this is pretty stupid.
#9icarus231Posted 4/26/2013 8:57:25 AM
Taplamp posted...
vidalmoraza posted...
Taplamp posted...
vidalmoraza posted...

But since I'm in the country that uses it, it has the capability. That can't be denied.

Yes it has the capability but will never be used for the reason i mentioned.
#10icarus231Posted 4/26/2013 8:58:54 AM
STN79 posted...
I'm having the same problem as you TC. My original Wii has over 300 VC games downloaded and i'll be damned if i'm transferring all that. Plus i too don't want my previous system to be an empty husk that can't be used for my old games anymore. I doubt i'll be rebuying any VC games i already got the first time around if i have to pay full price again.
I might make exceptions depending on the game though. Still this is pretty stupid.

Its a smart business move for them but yes it sucks for people in your situation. Most will just transfer everything.