Wii U, Nintendo and the Smell of Death

#1COMBINE_ADVISORPosted 4/26/2013 8:43:32 AM
'Skipping' E3 is a bad signal to potential consumers all around the world.

The status of this board and other sites indicates this...
#2gamewhooper181Posted 4/26/2013 8:44:50 AM
Nintendo isn't skipping E3 at all.

They'll be there, with playable demos and several separate conferences.

They're also forecasting a $1 billion profit for the next fiscal year.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#3kingbadjoPosted 4/26/2013 8:44:53 AM
ok.

Can we stop talking about this now?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#4powerade911Posted 4/26/2013 8:44:56 AM
*facepalm*
---
If i'm lying, then i am telling the truth... and i'm not so peace out! [-_-] V
3DS friend code: 2852-7176-3469 NNID: DarkBright
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 4/26/2013 8:45:28 AM
Death apparently smells like plastic and slightly warm electronics.
#6DinglesteedPosted 4/26/2013 8:45:28 AM
That would be fine and dandy if they were actually skipping E3. Truth is, they are going to have several smaller presentations showcasing what matters: The games.

Do you care about their financial reports and their investor information? I know I don't.
---
Playing: MH3U, Phoenix Wright Series, NSMBU, NHL 13, Jade Empire, Luigi's Mansion
#7cavebear56Posted 4/26/2013 8:46:45 AM
http://youtu.be/s2jvANh2aEc
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#8UiruPosted 4/26/2013 8:53:48 AM
Pick any Nintendo Direct.

You've just chosen a better presentation than we've seen out of E3, from ANYONE, in YEARS.

And they happen a lot more frequently too.

I know people simply won't let themselves be happy unless they're spouting doom and gloom, but seriously. This is not an issue.

Either way, the most interesting part about this year's E3 is going to be finding out just how many of the awful rumors surrounding MS and Sony's new machines are going to be true.
---
~Uiru
#9UtterMoonPosted 4/26/2013 8:58:34 AM
Nintendo is skipping the E3 Press thing, as many have said they will show games..but not on the same scale that the Xbox Infinity and PS4 will. But its not a good sign by any stretch of the imagination, and as someone who watches the E3 coverage its almost alarming.

The only reason I can think of for skipping this is that Nintendo doesn't have that many games to show off, that if they do 'compete' they will get blown out of the water and promptly laughed off stage.

Many people will say that this means nothing, that Nintendo will do just fine. But the Wii outsold the Wii-U last month, and it will probably do so again. The Wii-U has been disappointing, its sales have yet to take off and the games being released for it are no-where to be found.

Pikmin 3 is the only big name game for the Wii-U being released in the next 3 months, and Pikmin 3 was supposed to be a 1st quarter release title.
#10fon1988Posted 4/26/2013 9:00:06 AM
COMBINE_ADVISOR posted...
'Skipping' E3 is a bad signal to potential consumers all around the world.

The status of this board and other sites indicates this...

Oh you mean how they will still be at E3 and your entire point is invalid?

Okay!