I might buy a Wii-U when the new Xenoblade game comes out.

#1xChaosLordxPosted 4/26/2013 10:18:25 AM
But its probably nowhere near close to being released. By then prices will have dropped considerably on a Wii-U and I'll probably grab a used system. No need to overpay just to play 1 game. Heck I bought a Wii just to play Xenoblade, and its the only game I got for it.
#2Devilman_AmonPosted 4/26/2013 10:21:32 AM(edited)
Makes sense for you i guess...

There's no exclusives now that make me want to get a Wii-U anyway. My guess is you feel the same way.

But still I think they'd need more than one game for it to make sense....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#3AJ2412Posted 4/26/2013 10:22:11 AM

Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101.
Those two games are the only reason I have a Wii U now, since the main reason I got a Wii U was for Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends. Then I looked at Wonderful 101, and it looked really cool.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#4lonlonmilkloverPosted 4/26/2013 10:23:05 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...

There's no exclusives now that make me want to get a Wii-U anyway. My guess is you feel the same way.

I felt this way about both Sony and Microsoft until 4 years after they released the current consoles.

Exclusives are what define selling points for me.
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#5b1gt0nePosted 4/26/2013 10:25:53 AM
Topic made my day.
#6Fox133Posted 4/26/2013 10:27:18 AM
I will buy a Wii U as soon as there is a price drop, or I can find the 32 GB version for $300.
#7deathslovePosted 4/26/2013 10:29:19 AM
AJ2412 posted...

Those two games are the only reason I have a Wii U now, since the main reason I got a Wii U was for Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends. Then I looked at Wonderful 101, and it looked really cool.

Not trying to hate, but why did you buy it so early if they aren't out yet?
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 4/26/2013 10:31:01 AM
lonlonmilklover posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

I felt this way about both Sony and Microsoft until 4 years after they released the current consoles.

The only console I bought at launch was the 3DO and I regretted that (obviously). Every other console I bought at least 2 years in...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9lonlonmilkloverPosted 4/26/2013 10:38:51 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
lonlonmilklover posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

The only console I bought at launch was the 3DO and I regretted that (obviously). Every other console I bought at least 2 years in...

Unless somebody has a STRONG favor for a specific game series, this is the smartest choice for every console.

My friends and I simply just enjoy Nintendo Franchises very much, as we have put about 200 hours in on just the multiplayer Zelda & Metroid games alone, in Nintendoland.

I also ended up buying a PSP solely for Kingdom Hearts: BBS, so by that time, the console had experienced a good price drop from its original release. I put in 125 hours into the game, so all in all, it was cheap entertainment :) !! Less than $1 an hour.

Can't swing that at a public house :)
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#10OMG_AIDSPosted 4/26/2013 10:39:04 AM
deathslove posted...
AJ2412 posted...

Not trying to hate, but why did you buy it so early if they aren't out yet?

Why not? If you know you're going to get one eventually, why not buy now and enjoy the system and currently available software while you wait.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper