I might buy a Wii-U when the new Xenoblade game comes out.

#11xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:40:30 AM
I haven't cared any for Nintendo 1st party flagship titles like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. Although I do like Fire Emblem ok. So they are going to have to dig up something else to sell me a console, like Xenoblade. A brand new Fire Emblem game for Wii-U might help too.
#12AJ2412Posted 4/26/2013 10:40:51 AM
Not trying to hate, but why did you buy it so early if they aren't out yet?

It was a Christmas gift. It was either the Wii U, which has (or going to have, anyway) games that I'm really interested in.

Or a PS3, which would have been used as a blu-ray player...so it would have never been used since blu-ray movies are so freaking expensive compared to DVDs.

Why not? If you know you're going to get one eventually, why not buy now and enjoy the system and currently available software while you wait.

That too. I had fun with Nintendo Land.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#13xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:42:06 AM
OMG_AIDS posted...
deathslove posted...
AJ2412 posted...
But still I think they'd need more than one game for it to make sense....

Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101.
Those two games are the only reason I have a Wii U now, since the main reason I got a Wii U was for Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends. Then I looked at Wonderful 101, and it looked really cool.

Why not? If you know you're going to get one eventually, why not buy now and enjoy the system and currently available software while you wait.

Because the price is going to drop, and why overpay while the games you want aren't even out yet? The system is already overpriced IMO for the hardware its got.
#14deathslovePosted 4/26/2013 10:44:05 AM
AJ2412 posted...

It was a Christmas gift. It was either the Wii U, which has (or going to have, anyway) games that I'm really interested in.

Or a PS3, which would have been used as a blu-ray player...so it would have never been used since blu-ray movies are so freaking expensive compared to DVDs.

That too. I had fun with Nintendo Land.

I can see it as a gift, but maybe a price drop will happen before those games since you had specific games listed. You seriously don't have a PS3 though? I am guessing you only like nintendo games then.
#15xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:46:24 AM
I can't see paying a dime more than $200 for this system, and I'd be more interested at around $150.
#16OMG_AIDSPosted 4/26/2013 10:47:45 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
OMG_AIDS posted...
deathslove posted...
AJ2412 posted...
But still I think they'd need more than one game for it to make sense....

Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101.
Those two games are the only reason I have a Wii U now, since the main reason I got a Wii U was for Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends. Then I looked at Wonderful 101, and it looked really cool.

Because the price is going to drop, and why overpay while the games you want aren't even out yet? The system is already overpriced IMO for the hardware its got.

The price won't be dropping by any substantial (substantial to me) amount any time soon. If by spending an extra $50-$100 I can pick up a system a year to two earlier, then the extra money spent was well worth it.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#17xChaosLordx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 12:46:20 PM
Prices on the Wii-U are going to drop fast especially when Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles. Wii-U is going to want to be considerably cheaper than either. If the release price for the PS4/720 is between $299-$399, Nintendo is going to have to cut at least $100 off the current price to even have a small possibility of competing.
#18GiygasminionPosted 4/26/2013 12:48:48 PM
xChaosLordx posted...
I can't see paying a dime more than $200 for this system, and I'd be more interested at around $150.

You and I have different concepts of value.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#19ChrisObamaPosted 4/26/2013 12:53:38 PM
Yeah I think I'll wait for Wii U deluxe to hits bargins bin before I even consider picking one up.
---
Everything I do epic