Are "Connection Ambassadors" eligible for the VC transfer discount as well?

#1dragonforces(VIP)Posted 4/26/2013 11:15:40 AM
I have been one of the very first Wii Connection Ambassadors and I'm really curious if we are eligible for the VC transfer discount, since CAs got all NES, SNES and N64 games for free from Nintendo (that's like 200 games + in my case a few others I bought for Neo Geo, TG, etc.)

Since VC is not yet available in the EU I was wondering if someone from the other end of the world was already able to verify this?

Thanks!
---
The views and opinions in this post represent my own and not those of people, institutions or organizations I am affiliated with unless stated explicitly.
#2Shadowbird_RHPosted 4/26/2013 11:20:29 AM
So long as a Wii VC game is on the Wii U's Wii Channel, regardless of how it got there, it should produce the discount.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#3DiscostewSMPosted 4/26/2013 11:20:57 AM
This is only an assumption, but so long as the games are on the Wii mode of your Wii U, and Nintendo has a record on their servers that your games are on it, then they should be eligible to upgrade each game for the fee. Of course, I believe you're only able to "upgrade" those that are currently available on the Wii U VC, so you couldn't upgrade all of the games.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4dragonforces(Topic Creator)(VIP)Posted 4/26/2013 11:25:39 AM
Yes, the initial migration/transfer was successful, and I can download them all again free of charge in the Wii-mode. Let's hope for the best!
---
The views and opinions in this post represent my own and not those of people, institutions or organizations I am affiliated with unless stated explicitly.
#5dragonforces(Topic Creator)(VIP)Posted 4/27/2013 11:50:44 PM
Well, to answer my own question: I got the special price on all the currently available VC titles, so Connection Ambassadors are eligible :)
---
#6MikeisapoetPosted 4/28/2013 2:38:45 AM
What the hell is a "Connection Ambassador?" I've never heard of this and had my Wii since launch.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#7kaliskonigPosted 4/28/2013 3:24:43 AM
Mikeisapoet posted...
What the hell is a "Connection Ambassador?" I've never heard of this and had my Wii since launch.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2009/Nintendo-launches-Connection-Ambassador-Promotion-251515.html

Same here. As someone who follows gaming news on the daily I am ticked that I never heard of this because it sounds great. Had a wii since launch and you would think Nintendo would have sent out a notification at least. Congrats to you though TC on taking advantage of a once in a life time deal. Was this just for the UK or something? American promotions are never this great.
#8dragonforces(Topic Creator)(VIP)Posted 4/28/2013 4:30:51 AM
Thank you! Indeed, that was an amazing deal and I'm very happy that I got the CA status. Unfortunately the CA programme was only available in PAL territories (Europe, Australia)...
---