Generic Gamestop hate topic.

#1TaplampPosted 4/26/2013 11:24:22 AM
Man I be hating some Gamestop yo.

I walked into a gamestop, and I wanted a Wii U and the employees were all, hahaha call of duty bro. And I was like, naaaa man, mario. So they laughed at me, and I jumped on their heads and they went flat and I got coins yo. Then I went outside and jumped on top of a flagpole and yelled... Wahoooo!!
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.
#2DiscostewSMPosted 4/26/2013 11:25:52 AM
Needs more Bel Air.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3fon1988Posted 4/26/2013 11:25:54 AM
Make fun of it all you want but there are some legitamately bad Gamestop employees that cause trouble.

When I bought Marvel Vs Capcom 3 a couple years ago the cashier nearly made me walk out in anger because he insisted my money would be better spent on another game.
#4InnerscopePosted 4/26/2013 11:31:54 AM
Taplamp posted...
Man I be hating some Gamestop yo.

I walked into a gamestop, and I wanted a Wii U and the employees were all, hahaha call of duty bro. And I was like, naaaa man, mario. So they laughed at me, and I jumped on their heads and they went flat and I got coins yo. Then I went outside and jumped on top of a flagpole and yelled... Wahoooo!!

omg gaiz. This is srs busns!

I meen, thez employees hav no life! Who do they think they are!
---
"Very excited to get a Super Computer that's more then twice as powerful as most normal PCs at well below a regular computer price." - Megagunstarman
#5GoIrish80Posted 4/26/2013 11:33:18 AM
I have no problem with Gamestop in regards to their store policies, however I can't believe they still gut a "new" copy for display purposes. That is such an easy customer complaint to fix.

What I absolutely cannot stand about that store though is how their associates are trained to act. I understand that (mostly) they're kids and kids don't always act, uh...."professional," but I can certainly walk into a lot of other retail stores where young people work and don't get annoyed the way I do when I walk into Gamestop.

It's like they're trained to be used car salesman for video games, and it isn't always very enjoyable to deal with.

You're taking pre-orders on upcoming games? YEAH I KNOW, you cram it down my throat every single time I walk into the store.

Your Power-Up Rewards program can save me money on trades and is the greatest program in the history of retail? AMAZING, I haven't heard that 45,000 times before.

X and Y game are coming out for Z system in a few months and I should pre-order it so I get the bonuses associated with it? I can think for myself, thanks.

I'm aware that ALL companies have sales pitches that they want to put forward to customers, that's part of the deal. But the way in which Gamestop employees are CLEARLY trained to push these things excessively on customers gets pretty annoying after a while.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#6Taplamp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 11:37:58 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Needs more Bel Air.

I got in one little preorder and my mom got scared she said, "you're going down to wal mart and buying it there."

Werd.
---
Just so no assumptions are made, I'm a happily married 25 yr old vegetarian male that refurbishes antique gaming consoles for fun.