Was the Wii U released too early?

#11Faceman_Posted 4/26/2013 1:09:48 PM
Nintendo was never going to bring the Virtual Console to the Wii U. There was no point. People cried foul that they had to wait 3 seconds for the Wii menu to boot up to play VC games, so Nintendo caved and gave the babies their bottle. I'm proud they're charging to transfer them. I wish they'd charge full price.
#12arvilinoPosted 4/26/2013 1:10:23 PM
Elements012894 posted...
honestly if the bumped the specs just a tad more (Near PS4 graphics but at 720p) and released closer to the PS4 launch it would've been made more clear to the world what exactly the WiiU is and that its competing with next gen rather then current.

I sort of don't believe that, if the next Xbox console also releases near the same time. How well would any of the three brand new consoles coming out at similar times and still competing with the old ones do?
#13Bancario51Posted 4/26/2013 1:13:31 PM
Nintendo was in a catch-22. If they waited they would have to compete with the other systems but have games. it was either that or early with no games.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#14_Sovereign_Posted 4/26/2013 1:42:13 PM
No
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#15AhnoldDoodPosted 4/26/2013 1:48:38 PM
Releasing closer to the PS4's launch and "bumping the power" would not help at all. While its current position isn't too favorable, its better than where you think it is.
#16Lelouch71Posted 4/26/2013 6:22:48 PM
Sorry for whoever mention this but releasing the Wii U around the same time as the PS4 (and next Xbox) would had been suicide. It doesn't matter if it had the games it would have to fight the PS4 for the customers. Nevermind the fact that they both would have to compete against the PS3/360. Yes I said compete. Just like the PS2 was a huge threat to the PS3 and 360 early on for sales.

No the Wii U was releasing at the right time. The Wii was dying. The only mistake Nintendo made outside calling it the Wii U is not having the games ready. Maybe they will recover like the 3DS did then again this might be the opening Sony needs to take back the throne of being number 1. Only time will tell.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#17jakestar0306Posted 4/26/2013 6:45:02 PM
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad326/DFraz74/239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#18HowatizerPosted 4/26/2013 6:49:16 PM
It is very clear Nintendo tried to make a bold move by rushing the system out as fast as possible and it appears to have backfired pretty hard. I imagine their goal was to try and take advantage of being the first "next gen" console out to try and take the advantage the Xbox 360 enjoyed over its early release before the PS 3.

I want the Nintendo I remember loving and enjoyed being a fanboy of. For years though I felt like I am playing a shadow of what they used to be... now they are floundering, they needed to evolve and dominate in a technological sense but have stunted themselves...
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#19TalentedMPosted 4/26/2013 6:56:22 PM
The choices at the end of the year will be a pricecut WiiU with a library of games or brand new systems with (maybe) a few good launch titles and entering brave new waters.

If they get their games there will be a bigger choice on what to get your kiddies this christmas/holiday season.

They may have released "too early" in the aspect of having no games in their launch window (which makes me mad) and pushing things back like Rayman and Bayonetta 2 (I could have sworn that was not a December release).... But this holiday season for most parents (depending on marketing and commercials being pumped out) will be a no brainer for a lot of them.

I don't feel like the PS4 will appeal to a lot of people, I know it wont till it gets a decent library of games for me, which took the PS3 around 4 years to do... I got the Xbox 360 on launch and also regretted my purchase of a failing system that RROD on me... New tech is a gamble sometimes, who is to say this gen wont have the same problems.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity