WiiU did not meet expectations, people claim Wii is dead.

#1excitebike64Posted 4/26/2013 1:53:28 PM
Yet, that is probably one of the biggest issues.

Wii is not dead, and Wii games hit the charts (at least top 50) 3-5 times a week.

So if people are still satisfied with the Wii and buying it, and waiting for WIiU...

Seriously, what makes the hardcore think the majority is ready to buy the PS4/720 when many are still enjoying these systems... more than ever, I believe.

Is that not going to be the real crutch? to overcome?

I believe all three will go through the same issues. It's not just WiiU, it will be all three.
#2thisguy12Posted 4/26/2013 1:56:43 PM
I don't think the Xbox 720 will have the same issues if they release HD augmented reality glasses. Microsoft may be the new "Wii" of this generation in terms of innovation.

Also, literally everybody I know owns an Xbox 360 and would probably buy the next console at launch.
Although everybody has different circumstances.
#3PigfartsPosted 4/26/2013 1:57:28 PM
excitebike64 posted...
Yet, that is probably one of the biggest issues.

Wii is not dead, and Wii games hit the charts (at least top 50) 3-5 times a week.

So if people are still satisfied with the Wii and buying it, and waiting for WIiU...

Seriously, what makes the hardcore think the majority is ready to buy the PS4/720 when many are still enjoying these systems... more than ever, I believe.

Is that not going to be the real crutch? to overcome?

I believe all three will go through the same issues. It's not just WiiU, it will be all three.

I think soft ware will decide the fate of EARLY sales of the systems. Wii U dropped the ball with early releases not only in number of games, but a real grabber that keeps people playing. NSMB you can only play through so many times. They needed something compitive to keep people playing over the internet.

They needed to show off how Wii U Online is on par with the other systems (which it may be IDK) but no one talks about playing games with other people online on the Wii U.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#4The_DOAMPosted 4/26/2013 2:07:34 PM
That Wii U advertisements, the sheer amount of accessories for the Wii, and the fact the Wii U is just Wii with a U attached to it. Gamers may know but I do believe the majority of non-gamers i.e. parents believe the Wii U is no different than the Kinect. Nothing but an attachment for the Wii that you can by in a more expensive bundle. Heck even if you go into a gaming store the WiiU section is small and comparable to the Kinect only gaming section. So yeah people are still satisfied with their Wii but that sad thing people still don't know the Wii U isn't just a tablet controller for the Wii but a next generation console. Though this with all problems facing the Wii u can be fixed with games.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#5excitebike64(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 4:45:30 PM
thisguy12 posted...
I don't think the Xbox 720 will have the same issues if they release HD augmented reality glasses. Microsoft may be the new "Wii" of this generation in terms of innovation.

Also, literally everybody I know owns an Xbox 360 and would probably buy the next console at launch.
Although everybody has different circumstances.

I actually don't think the reality glasses, or anything like that will do as well as people think. People love Kinect because it's basically hands free with nothing to put on. Putting something on, extra, turns a lot of people off.

3D television still has a long way to go for this reason.