Why was the WiiU released without any of its major franchises?

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 4/26/2013 3:38:22 PM
I'm talking about Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Mario, Pokemon. Star Fox is a bit of a stretch compared to the other ones, but you get what I mean.

I am loving monster hunter on the WiiU, and being a giant monster hunter fiend I pretty much got the console for it alone.

That said, why release it so early? It isn't like they would have lost the next gen console race if they had waited a while considering the new consoles arent out for a year with microsoft and sony. Why not wait until they had all their big boys loaded and ready to go?

Was there some strategy I was not aware of?
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 4/26/2013 3:39:12 PM
it has mario
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3TheFallenPriestPosted 4/26/2013 3:39:26 PM
Cause NSMBU doesnt exist/
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#4nickvd8Posted 4/26/2013 3:39:57 PM(edited)
Mario was there at launch. And technically so were all their other franchises in the mash-up known as Nintendoland.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#5DiscostewSMPosted 4/26/2013 3:39:59 PM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
I'm talking about......Mario.....

Is it comfy under that rock?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6The_Shadow_LinkPosted 4/26/2013 3:40:03 PM
Well there was a plan to have Pikmin 3 at launch, but look how that turned out.

All they released was one Mario Game that everyone already played before and a Mini Game compilation that contains your favourite franchises. Believe it or not, the Mini Game compilation was the better game of the bunch.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#7userfrigginamePosted 4/26/2013 3:40:03 PM
Well, I wouldn't discount Super Mario Bros. as being one of their major franchises.
#8TheSteelPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 3:40:48 PM
nickvd8 posted...
Mario was there at launch. And technically so were all their other franchises in the mash-up none as Nintendoland.

Yes technically, but you know what I am saying.

I am not bashing the WiiU. The console itself has given me a quality experience and I love the concept of the controller, and in execution I feel it actually is very nice.

Just not sure why it was released as such.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
#9Dstylez2Posted 4/26/2013 3:42:15 PM
Because they put 0 thought into the console and wanted to ride the success of the Wii.
---
Pokemon SS friend code: 3868 0319 8173
#10S_BrickPosted 4/26/2013 3:42:53 PM
Maybe they released early to get some quick sales to the diehard fans. Also, they get some of the kinks ironed out before the mainstream audience starts to pick up on it when the big games come out. No doubt they planned on having some big games out by now (pikmin 3), unfortunately, it hasn't played out that way.