EA and Squeenix's execs fail, they get fired. But Satoru Iwata gets a promotion?

#1War_FailPosted 4/26/2013 10:35:40 PM
Why is Nintendo doubling down on this guy after how badly the Wii U has bombed? The 3DS is doing okay but it hasn't met sales expectations either.

Nintendo should be cleaning house, not handing out promotions. If I was a Nintendo shareholder I'd be looking to dump my stock ASAP right now.
---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#2squatch22Posted 4/26/2013 10:38:19 PM
Nintendo makes a profit: "Fire the CEO. Making money is bad Mmmmkay"
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3squatch22Posted 4/26/2013 10:40:05 PM
Also EA and Square CEOs resigned, didn't get fired
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#4DifferentialEquationPosted 4/26/2013 10:40:34 PM(edited)
Who else can they find that has that unique way of standing there as though he's trying to turn coal into diamond with his ass muscles during the Nintendo Directs?
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#5GoIrish80Posted 4/26/2013 10:40:13 PM
War_Fail posted...
Why is Nintendo doubling down on this guy after how badly the Wii U has bombed? The 3DS is doing okay but it hasn't met sales expectations either.

Nintendo should be cleaning house, not handing out promotions. If I was a Nintendo shareholder I'd be looking to dump my stock ASAP right now.

I'm sure the most successful company in the history of video games will take your expert opinion into consideration.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#6RockD79Posted 4/26/2013 10:40:27 PM
War_Fail posted...

He didn't get promoted lol! He's taking over as the CEO of NOA. That's to ship an old man home and to familiarize himself more with the needs of another market region. That's a good thing.
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U Next Up: N4SU... unless Target.com fumbles my order. 3 Days Left Till They Fumble!
#7War_Fail(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 10:44:28 PM
Nintendo makes a profit: "Fire the CEO. Making money is bad Mmmmkay"

The only reason Nintendo made a profit during the last fiscal year is because of the weak yen.

You obviously don't know much about business or politics. Most "resignations" are just face-saving ways of being fired.
---
RIP Mr. Hands June 22, 1960 - July 2, 2005
A true American hero
#8IokuaPosted 4/26/2013 10:48:19 PM
squatch22 posted...

No, they were fired. The major shareholders of EA and Squeenix would have called for their termination. Which is to say "Step down gracefully, or we'll force a vote and fire you in a public disgrace."
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#9Baha05Posted 4/26/2013 10:48:40 PM
War_Fail posted...
You obviously don't know much about business or politics. Most "resignations" are just face-saving ways of being fired.

/that's still not getting fired.

Also I doubt that Iwata got promoted, kinda hard to be promoted when YOU ARE CEO OF THE COMPANY.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#10Banjo2553Posted 4/26/2013 10:50:45 PM
While you want Iwata out of Nintendo for some reason, I'm glad he became the CEO of NoA. It means NoA will be better off overall. Now as long as we got someone competent working as CEO for NoE, things will be golden...
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz